Community Forum

Schedule Conflict on Xfinity Stream

New Poster

Schedule Conflict on Xfinity Stream

I have scheduled a series to be recorded every day at 5pm but have been running into a problem. The first day it worked just fine but everyday since it has been telling me there is a scheduling conflict. It shows the the episode is set to be recorded but once it hits 5pm it changes to scheduling conflict and doesnt record. I do not have any other shows set to record at this time so it cant be a scheduling conflict. What is the problem? 

Expert

Re: Schedule Conflict on Xfinity Stream

@brandenangel215 wrote:

I have scheduled a series to be recorded every day at 5pm but have been running into a problem. The first day it worked just fine but everyday since it has been telling me there is a scheduling conflict. It shows the the episode is set to be recorded but once it hits 5pm it changes to scheduling conflict and doesnt record. I do not have any other shows set to record at this time so it cant be a scheduling conflict. What is the problem? 

you should have 6 tuners to record and watch. can you provide a list of set top boxes? (example: 1 DVR, 4 companion smaller boxes)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

@Rustyben
It’s sounds like it’s Instant tv not a conventional dvr setup (look at the thread title).

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

@brandenangel215
Do you have anything set to record before 5 that’s running over?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I do not have any boxes, I may have posted this in the wrong area. I opted to not use boxes, I have a smart TV with xfinity stream on it. 

New Poster

I'm not sure what you mean by this, it is DVR. I use xfinity stream through my smart TV.  I do not have anything recording before. If I update the recording right when it goes on the conflict goes away and it records. It is an okay fix if I am home but I can't always do that, one of the reasons I opted for DVR. 

Expert

@brandenangel215 wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, it is DVR. I use xfinity stream through my smart TV.  I do not have anything recording before. If I update the recording right when it goes on the conflict goes away and it records. It is an okay fix if I am home but I can't always do that, one of the reasons I opted for DVR. 

the instant TV has a DVR light with 2 tuners only. if you have 2 programs recording or have extended one other while recording then at the start time of the missing recording there is no tuner available. Instant TV has a maximum of 2 streams also.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!