steve_parks's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, January 6th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Recovering downloads from “Unnamed Device”.

After the xFinity Stream app updated overnight, my downloads are now stuck on “Unnamed Device” though I’m still using the same device to which they were initially downloaded. Signing out/signing back in and deleting/reinstalling app have not helped situation. In Settings, no devices are shown as having downloads, so I’m at a loss as to how to recover them.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Mark1819 wrote:

I have the same problem.  I downloaded 3 recordings to my IPad and watched them.  Later I went to return them and they were gone from my Ipad.  Went on my Comcast box and the programs still show up.  When I try to delete them I get the same message that the recordings are on an unnamed device and must be returned before I can delete them.  I have tried everything I can think of to remove the recordings.  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

the 'download' will expire in 30 days and automatically show as returned.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@6863786 wrote:
After the xFinity Stream app updated overnight, my downloads are now stuck on “Unnamed Device” though I’m still using the same device to which they were initially downloaded. Signing out/signing back in and deleting/reinstalling app have not helped situation. In Settings, no devices are shown as having downloads, so I’m at a loss as to how to recover them.

i recorded a 30 minute show to test. downloaded it to my iphone.  went to a different smart device and to settings and manage devices. the recording showed downloaded. I selected 'return' to force return. recording was then available to the X1 and my second device to verify it played on each successfully. do you have another device to try the same procedure?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I do. It’s worth a shot.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@6863786 wrote:
That procedure does work, but the problem is that the “Unnamed Device” doesn’t show in the “Manage Devices” tab, therefore I can’t do that in this situation.

is the recording available on the x1 set top box to view? does it play? have you tried downloading it back to the same phone?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

That procedure does work, but the problem is that the “Unnamed Device” doesn’t show in the “Manage Devices” tab, therefore I can’t do that in this situation.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

It does show it on the DVR, but won’t let me watch it, as it still says it needs to be returned from the device, so likewise I can’t redownload. If they were some shows that I could watch on demand, it wouldn’t be a big deal, but they’re all recorded hockey games that can’t be viewed any other way.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@6863786 wrote:
It does show it on the DVR, but won’t let me watch it, as it still says it needs to be returned from the device, so likewise I can’t redownload. If they were some shows that I could watch on demand, it wouldn’t be a big deal, but they’re all recorded hockey games that can’t be viewed any other way.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

Hello, steve_parks! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I would love to take a closer look at this recording issue for you and help you get that recording returned. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem.  I downloaded 3 recordings to my IPad and watched them.  Later I went to return them and they were gone from my Ipad.  Went on my Comcast box and the programs still show up.  When I try to delete them I get the same message that the recordings are on an unnamed device and must be returned before I can delete them.  I have tried everything I can think of to remove the recordings.  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

At some point, mine did show up on the iPad, so it may have been that the 30 day point was reached and they were automatically returned from “Unnamed Device”.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I downloaded about 45 days ago

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I was able to delete the programs tonight.  I guess given time you can delete programs on an unnamed device.  In my case it was well over 30 days so be patient.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi, was there ever any resolution to this problem?  I downloaded a saved show to my tablet but it says it is on an "unnamed device".  It's not on the tablet I downloaded to and I can no longer access it on my main box because it says it is on a mobile device.  Called Comcast tonight and spent 25 minutes getting nowhere.  Thank you

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

The Comcast guy I talked to asked like I was an idea. He certainly didn’t solve my problem. I have a 6 hour flight coming up and wanted to watch a 4 part show I recorded too long ago for it to be on demand but when I downloaded parts 1-4, part 4 went to an unnamed device. I don’t want to watch parts 1-3 without knowing if I can find part 4. I had them all downloaded, but the Comcast ‘technical support’ guy had me delet the app and reinstall it, wiping out all my downloads. When I attempted to redownload, it went to unnamed device. Surely after this length of time, customer support should have solved the problem. I have four more on unnamed devices.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, I'll be glad to help if you are still running into problems. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your message. Please add your first and last name to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

I finally figured this out. If you go to your dvr and select xfinity->saved->downloads. You will see the shows checked out. I had a list for unnamed device and I was able to recover each episode I had so I could then re download them to my iPad.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

How do I do that remotely?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here