Luke_Skywalker8's profile

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

Friday, March 8th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Re: Xfinity Stream App - Amazon Fire TV

I called comcast to ask them if xfinity stream app would work with fire tv stick. the rep even put my call on hold for a few mins, then came back on the line and said yes. Well comcast is getting another call today, now they will credit my accout for the total cost of the firestick, since the rep assured me it can get the app.  the only reason of my purchasing this fire stick was so I can yank out those set top tv boxes which at one time they gave out 2 and each additional was only like $0.99. .

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Luke_Skywalker8 wrote:

I called comcast to ask them if xfinity stream app would work with fire tv stick. the rep even put my call on hold for a few mins, then came back on the line and said yes. Well comcast is getting another call today, now they will credit my accout for the total cost of the firestick, since the rep assured me it can get the app.  the only reason of my purchasing this fire stick was so I can yank out those set top tv boxes which at one time they gave out 2 and each additional was only like $0.99. .

as long as you have Xfinity internet you no longer need a set top box although many plans include the first non-DVR set top box with no separate charge. a PC, smart device (phone/tablet) or a Roku device can access your TV service. If you op for no home set top box you also get a 20 hour, 2 tuner cloud DVR access. the instant TV includes up to 2 streams at any one time. 5 streams are allowed when you have at least one home set top box installed and Cloud DVR service in home includes cloud DVR service 60 hours too.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The way the app displays on my fire tv cube makes it unusable.   It is larger than the screen and there is no way to scroll it.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

@adelatorre2041 wrote:

The way the app displays on my fire tv cube makes it unusable.   It is larger than the screen and there is no way to scroll it.

Not true.  It displays sometimes a little cut off, but Fire Stick has a feature in setting for making the display "fit" your tV under "Display & Sounds) setting, and you can adjust display to fit your TV.  Mine are mostly Insignia, and they don't always work with the Fire Stick and the only work around it to adjusted the display from the actual TV remote menu to the smaller display (often "zoom").  Virtually all of the app features work, except "On Demand" (kicks you out of app) and "search" which will not let you put in the name of the channel or number.  You have to scroll to your station from the "live TV" feature.  

Is it better than the Xfinity box?  Most definately no.  Is it better than a Roku?  No not really.  But if Fire Stick is what you want to use, it works "adequately?"

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The Xfinity mobile app is smoke and mirrors when it comes to the fire stick TV.. I'll let you in on a little secret.. download the non beta version onto your Android phone and use the fire TV app to side load it.... And it works fine... Isn't that a shame.. Xfinity can't even create a workable version for Amazon fire stick TV.. but hey, we go days without internet and there's no prorating to the bill so we'll call it even.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@CLFINNELL wrote:
The Xfinity mobile app is smoke and mirrors when it comes to the fire stick TV.. I'll let you in on a little secret.. download the non beta version onto your Android phone and use the fire TV app to side load it.... And it works fine... Isn't that a shame.. Xfinity can't even create a workable version for Amazon fire stick TV.. but hey, we go days without internet and there's no prorating to the bill so we'll call it even.

the stream beta app works find on amazon Fire TV sticks/devices. If you previously have bypassed security and installed non-authorized versions, a factory reset of the device then download the current version will work fine.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here