Tbkirk1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, October 11th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Re: Xfinity Steam Beta on Roku - TVAPP-00101

I have one Roku box and continue to get the dreaded tvapp-00101 error. I have the Xfinity modem which has not changed. The roku box had not changed. I have tried all the basics ( turn both tv and modem and roku off/on, refreshed the system, tried to activate from phone and pc) any help is appreciated.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tbkirk1 wrote:
I have one Roku box and continue to get the dreaded tvapp-00101 error. I have the Xfinity modem which has not changed. The roku box had not changed. I have tried all the basics ( turn both tv and modem and roku off/on, refreshed the system, tried to activate from phone and pc) any help is appreciated.

moved your reply (on an answered/completed thread) to a separate thread on the forum. using a smart phone/tablet are you able to load the app and get to the menu? if so, go to the menu, then settings (gear) and select manage streaming devices. any listed there?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I loaded the Stream app on my phone and i do not have any devices listed as streaming.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tbkirk1 wrote:
I loaded the Stream app on my phone and i do not have any devices listed as streaming.

does the phone app play video recordings? try running the smart device xfinity my account app. sign in and touch the internet tab. then touch the gateway (only one showing?) and a serial number will be shown. does that match a MAC address on the label on your installed gateway?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Yes they do match. It matches the CM MAC address. It does not match the Wireless MAC address showing on the screen for the Roku.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tbkirk1 wrote:
Yes they do match. It matches the CM MAC address. It does not match the Wireless MAC address showing on the screen for the Roku.

this is a back office database issue. your smart phone/tablet are probably working fine. I will expedite this issue. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for your assistance!!

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

4 years ago

Greetings, @Tbkirk1! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear of the issues you're running into when trying to use the Xfinity stream app on your Roku. I know my Roku is a main source of streaming for me and wouldn't know what you do if it stopped working. I would like to see what could be going on with the app and see if we can get you back up and running. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here