Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, September 13th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Re: Roku Xfinity Stream App Error

I'm getting the same error code.

I have an X1 set too box.

I have deleted the channel and re-installed it.  I have signed out and signed in.

This makes me sad.  I have to watch football on the Fox Sports App.

If I wanted to use the Fox Sports app... I'd just watch it on my iPad.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@dfig13 wrote:

I'm getting the same error code.

I have an X1 set too box.

I have deleted the channel and re-installed it.  I have signed out and signed in.

This makes me sad.  I have to watch football on the Fox Sports App.

If I wanted to use the Fox Sports app... I'd just watch it on my iPad.

promoted your issue to a separate thread.  is your device a roku? do you subscribe to a cable TV package? do you have a Comcast retail xfi modem/gateway? how is your device connected to the home internet?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Yes to all of your questions.

I use my home xfinity wifi

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

the error, by the way, is TVAPP-00231

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I forgot to mention... I can see the channel listing and the channel guide (updated to time and correct shows).  I have used this in the past many times, and I am still able to watch the TV on my other set-top boxes in the house.  It is just the mobile app that is not working.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I also reset the X1 gateway that I use as my home wifi to connect to my Roku device.

I have also turned off the Roku device, unplugged the Roku device, and signed out of it.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Looks like I was able to fix it on my own.

I re-set my gateway twice.

I completely shut down my Roku and logged out and shut down and logged out of the xfinity app twice.

the second time of all of this did the trick.

Go team.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the exact same issues. The guide and channels load, but when I try to watch a channel, error code tvapp-00231. The exception is if I try to watch something I recorded, then it is error code tvapp-00331. All other apps work fine, it is just xfinity stream.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Wow, dfig13! Thank you for all of that effort! So glad to hear it's working now. Please keep an eye on this and if the issue returns, we may need to open a request for you that goes to our advanced support team. 

Let us know. 🙂

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having a similar issue but only with recordings that I make through the cloud on the roku app. I am in the middle of a recording and it stops playing and i get the error code TVAPP-00331

it happens randomly - no clue why and SO frustrating!!

I've tried calling customer service and they are confused and have no idea why....

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here