Community Forum

Linux OS and streaming app

Highlighted
New Poster

Linux OS and streaming app

I am able to sign onto our account and the streaming app on every device except my Linux computer. I get as far as the favorite list and when I click on the program I get Error TVAPP-00116. I am using Firefox and I have tried the Vivaldi browser also. What is the problem. Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Linux OS and streaming app

@jwednesday wrote:

I am able to sign onto our account and the streaming app on every device except my Linux computer. I get as far as the favorite list and when I click on the program I get Error TVAPP-00116. I am using Firefox and I have tried the Vivaldi browser also. What is the problem. Thank you.

*nix is not an authorized OS.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm not sure how Comcast (Xfinity) blocks Linux users from accessing live TV streams or recorded content from there DVR's (offered to subscribers).  

Currently this is the only reason I have a Windows operating system on my computer and the only reason I don't load Linux instead on my main computer. I have tried many work a rounds and sofar none have worked, including but not limiting to loading widevine installed on my chrome browser but I am blocked even after changing the network conditions in my browsers spoofing them as being from a windows operating system... The blocked message letting me know that I have to be on a network inside the United States... even when I use a direct connection to my home Comcast router and I live in Washington State. Why would I need to do this anyway you may ask? I watch the NFL and have my computer setup next to the TV in my Living Room so that I can watch RedZone (which I pay extra for) simultaneously while watching my team on the TV. I don’t have picture in picture and would need a second system in the same room to do so anyway. I have seen a post that Comcast wanted to hire Linux programmers I assume to port Xfinity to the Linux platform. But how long is it going to take? This has been a outstanding problem for years and I am sure many subscribers would like. All the pieces are there they just have to implement them.

Lets get it done Comcast!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I understand the app not working but the website should be is independent as long as its a major browser like Firefox or chrome. Have you tried chrome yet?