Ouzo65's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 1st, 2019 5:00 PM

Closed

Limit Reached :: 12005 - on third device (iPhone)

So I have two TVs running Roku with the Xfinity Stream App and it works as well as can be expected from a beta app that's been in beta this long.  My issue now is when I try to bring up a third stream, I get the message that I've reached the max number of devices I can have up concurrently streaming.  That funny because I only count two, the app shows only two devices currently on, so why cant I get the remaining three devices up ?

Tried calling Xfinity "support" line and after an hour of entertaining the tech with doing his stupid requests on uninstalling, reinstalling and logging in and out to no avail multiple times, I had it.

I've tried an iPhone, iPad and my PC to bring up a third stream.  None of them work.  

I had a tech a week ago fix this in five minutes.  Now its broken again, and Xfinity has no freaking clue how to fix it.  Nice.  

Prove me wrong please.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Ouzo65 wrote:

So I have two TVs running Roku with the Xfinity Stream App and it works as well as can be expected from a beta app that's been in beta this long.  My issue now is when I try to bring up a third stream, I get the message that I've reached the max number of devices I can have up concurrently streaming.  That funny because I only count two, the app shows only two devices currently on, so why cant I get the remaining three devices up ?

Tried calling Xfinity "support" line and after an hour of entertaining the tech with doing his stupid requests on uninstalling, reinstalling and logging in and out to no avail multiple times, I had it.

I've tried an iPhone, iPad and my PC to bring up a third stream.  None of them work.  

I had a tech a week ago fix this in five minutes.  Now its broken again, and Xfinity has no freaking clue how to fix it.  Nice.  

Prove me wrong please.

customers that have a set top box in their plan that is active in the home can stream up to 5 simultaneous streams at one time before getting that error. Customers without a set top box are on the Xfinity instant TV plan (with Xfinity internet) and includes a maximum of two streams at the same time, and a cloud DVR "lite" that has 20 hours of storage and two tuners available.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Ouzo65 wrote: ... I get the message that I've reached the max number of devices ...

For reference: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank You ... now why can't the help desk people answer this simple question?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here