Community Forum

How to send feedback to Comcast VP regarding Stream for older iPads 14001 error

Highlighted
Expert

Re: iPad problem


@candycane49 wrote:

I have a iPad 10.3.3

 

My xfinity stream app worked for 2yrs and just within the last week it tells me to update but when I try it tells me it's up to date. So what is the problem I can't stream on it.


official answer here 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Research: What does Xfinity Streaming Error Code 14001 Possibly Mean

Hey “expert” shame on you. We understand our devices are old. If we had the money we would replace them like you but newsflash buddy the reason why we are here is because we want answers from Xfinity as to how they are going to keep our business. Frankly, my old iPad and iPhone 6s self is about to walk after this. Mic drop.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: How to send feedback to Comcast VP regarding Stream for older iPads

Shame on you guys. Backing us into a corner to buy newer devices in order to stream content we pay for? So disappointed and appalled that no other solution is provided other than to upgrade. If there is any piece of advice I could give it would be to pass this along to your superiors or marketing agency because you all are losing business over this.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: I pad update 14001 error

I've found you can still use the record function for live tv, then download and watch the recorded video.

 

1. Set DVR to record a show.

2. Go to your recorded section

3. Find your recorded show and select it.

4. An option appears to download.

5. Download recorded show to the iPad.

6. Once it finishes downloading, it allows you to watch it.

7. "Return" it when you are finished watching it.

8. Then you can delete it from your saved recorded shows.

 

Thanks,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: I pad update 14001 error

Great to hear of this workaround.  Thank you for sharing!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: How to send feedback to Comcast VP regarding Stream for older iPads

In case you have not noticed Xfinity, we are in the middle of a pandemic with 8% unemployment!  I happen to be a member of that 8% and I know longer have disposable income to upgrade my technology!  I have reduced my xfinity cost while upgrading to "Gig speed" and not it is costing me less for the full xfinity package (Phone, Cable TV, and internet) all my devices worked until this update and now I am paying, YES paying, for something I can't use. You claim in your ad's that you can run stream on all your devices, that's not true, FALSE ADVERTISING.  An upgrade to your service is a great Idea , but if you are excluding fully functioning operating systems just because they are older or not the correct "bit 32/64" that's just lazy programming. You should support equipment that is at least ten years old as operating systems get released and scraped within a year or so "Windows 8" or some hardware is utilizing older technology to be more cost effective. You are writing a paid application that has a bug you seem to refuse to fix because it's a little more work to support your full community.  I wiould not give a small child a new $1000.00 dollar tablet or laptop but would gladly let them use my older equipment that is perfectly functional.  This was written on that offensive IOS 10.03.03 IPad you don't want to support, even used on older version of Safari web browser to access my account.. Bet you would let me pay my bill from this device, you always want your money'!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Streaming no longer available to older iPads?

The older iPads CANNOT BE UPDATED to 12.0. There is no 12.0 available for them. Why did you not keep the app downward compatible with older iOS versions? I’m guessing you KNOWINGLY KICKED THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS OFF YOUR STREAMING SERVICE BY DOING THIS! Yes I’m yelling at you because you did this deliberately!
Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity stream app stoped working on IPad

sometime in September my app stoped working on IPad. It says that I need newest version. I tried uninstall and reinstall and the same issue. I tried to post review for developers to let them know that wathever they did is not working. Please can you return app to the prior version or make it work. Thank you 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: How to send feedback to Comcast VP regarding Stream for older iPads

Please can you return prior version of the app? The update you've done is not working for your customers. Look how many of us have the same issue. Please return version that was working. Thank you in advance for respecting your customers. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to send feedback to Comcast VP regarding Stream for older iPads

fwiw some apps are already notifying that next version will no longer support iOS 12. at least 12 is still supported on the stream TV app.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Streaming no longer available to older iPads?

Here is where you can provide feedback to the
 
Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Experience Officer, Comcast Cable
 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream app stoped working on IPad


@LNaydenko wrote:

sometime in September my app stoped working on IPad. It says that I need newest version. I tried uninstall and reinstall and the same issue. I tried to post review for developers to let them know that wathever they did is not working. Please can you return app to the prior version or make it work. Thank you 


the older devices won't run the newer app. the minimum iOS level for the stream TV app is now iOS 12. some have said you can still watching completed recordings on the older version. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream for iPad App Inoperable Update Required 14001 Bug

Two weeks later still no fix, reply, or end in sight. Comcast does not have our backs, just Apple's new ipads. Save your money and dump xfinity or buy a new ipad....those are our only options. 😞

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity stream app stoped working on IPad

 


@Rustyben wrote:


the older devices won't run the newer app. the minimum iOS level for the stream TV app is now iOS 12.


Rustyben, so glad to hear that you're wealthy enough to buy all of us new iPads every 2 years and ship them to us in advance of any change in technology!

I am not, however, glad that you're wealthy enough to not care about the waste produced and the impact on the environment caused by forcing us to toss out our iPads every 2 years.

Edit: Sorry for the ad hominem attack, I waited weeks in the hopes of better news before posting and my frustration got the best of me.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream app stoped working on IPad


@dumbname wrote:

 


@Rustyben wrote:


the older devices won't run the newer app. the minimum iOS level for the stream TV app is now iOS 12.


Rustyben, so glad to hear that you're wealthy enough to buy all of us new iPads every 2 years and ship them to us in advance of any change in technology!

I am not, however, glad that you're wealthy enough to not care about the waste produced and the impact on the environment caused by forcing us to toss out our iPads every 2 years.

Edit: Sorry for the ad hominem attack, I waited weeks in the hopes of better news before posting and my frustration got the best of me.


not a problem. I had to upgrade because of another app that I use for investing demanded iOS12. someone posted that they can still play recordings and download recordings with their older ipad.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity stream app stoped working on IPad

This is complete nonsense! Pretty sure that Comcast needs to send their software engineers back to school, develop new sw requirements, or maybe this is just a gift to Apple to incite iPad purchases.

 

First, the user interface for the Stream APP is as simple as you can possibly get. The APP interface is not anything close to what needs to be using a state of the art operating system. In fact, by ignoring the update popup, you can navigate the APP and make menu choices just like normal. The only time the update requirement intrudes is at the time of playback.

 

Hmm, playback of video, streamed on the web. Sounds complicated, but wait! By some miracle of computer science, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc. all are somehow able to play HD video on my iPad with OS 10.3.3.

 

I should stop this, I really need to remember that this is standard ops for Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Request Error 14001

Don’t update it....you won’t ever be able to stream again without buying a new iPad