mark1154's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020 4:00 AM

Closed

How to play Xfinity stream in the background on iOS phone

I want to listen to MSNBC in the background while using other apps on my cellphone. However, each time I click off the app it shuts the audio down. Is there a work around?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same here! It started when I updated to iOS 14.0. Yes, I have "play background audio" enabled in the app's settings. Most recent app update (just updated it) does NOT solve this problem!

Also, changing PiP settings does not affect this problem. 

Comcast please fix this so we all can use the Stream app to listen to audio when in background or when phone is locked!

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @RonnySheltie @mark1154 we opened a ticket for this issue, and our team is working on resolving it in a future release. We will keep you updated. (In the meantime please try temporary workaround: after locking your phone, touch the screen and click the play icon on the lock screen.)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you... awaiting the background audio fix. Re: the workaround... not acceptable as this still requires that the screen is active (even though locked). I want to SAVE BATTERY POWER by listening to ONLY background audio. So nice idea, but still not acceptable as the Stream app USED to behave (and happily so). Why did Comcast have to “damage” this otherwise nice app? I am not the only person complaining. Using on iOS 14.0.1 so not an old device issue. Hmmm...

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@RonnySheltie wrote:
Thank you... awaiting the background audio fix. Re: the workaround... not acceptable as this still requires that the screen is active (even though locked). I want to SAVE BATTERY POWER by listening to ONLY background audio. So nice idea, but still not acceptable as the Stream app USED to behave (and happily so). Why did Comcast have to “damage” this otherwise nice app? I am not the only person complaining. Using on iOS 14.0.1 so not an old device issue. Hmmm...

the temp workaround is to press the play button on the lock screen. it will then play in the background.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here