SloWalker's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 12th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

FOX NEWS CHANNEL PERPETUAL PROBLEM

I am new to this site, and have just finished reading many posts from others having the same, or similar problems with Xfinity's inability to fix a problem. I do not blame the individual Comcast/Xfinity employee for this. In my humble opinion, it is the corporate office, and their upper management that are to blame. Here is a problem that many, many people have had with Fox News for some time, and nothing yet has been done about it! In a nut-shell, the Fox News channel will cut off (both audio and video) for a few seconds (or longer), during shows like Tucker Carlson, Hannity, etc. However, I have never noticed it going off and on during commercial breaks! This happens on my iPad and cell phone, as well as my Roku service (although I do not watch it on Roku as much because it takes too long to load up). I've worked for the cable industry for MANY years, and I can tell you that this is very suspicious - something is going on behind the scenes for this to occur as long as it has. There appear to be thousands of people all across the country that have the same type of complaints, so it is not limited to a local cable operation. All you have to do is search the Internet for this type of problem, and they are everywhere - even in this forum! I would be interested in hearing what Fox News has to say about this. I would think they must be are aware of this....

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@SloWalker wrote:
I am new to this site, and have just finished reading many posts from others having the same, or similar problems with Xfinity's inability to fix a problem. I do not blame the individual Comcast/Xfinity employee for this. In my humble opinion, it is the corporate office, and their upper management that are to blame. Here is a problem that many, many people have had with Fox News for some time, and nothing yet has been done about it! In a nut-shell, the Fox News channel will cut off (both audio and video) for a few seconds (or longer), during shows like Tucker Carlson, Hannity, etc. However, I have never noticed it going off and on during commercial breaks! This happens on my iPad and cell phone, as well as my Roku service (although I do not watch it on Roku as much because it takes too long to load up). I've worked for the cable industry for MANY years, and I can tell you that this is very suspicious - something is going on behind the scenes for this to occur as long as it has. There appear to be thousands of people all across the country that have the same type of complaints, so it is not limited to a local cable operation. All you have to do is search the Internet for this type of problem, and they are everywhere - even in this forum! I would be interested in hearing what Fox News has to say about this. I would think they must be are aware of this....

are you using the xfinity TV app on a smart device? or the fox news app on a smart device? are you on your own home wifi watching a numbered channel, or watching TVgo channel from the xfinity stream TV app? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’ve been having the same issue, today it is stuck on the screen that says it will return after a commercial break. I’m on the xfinity go on my smartphone. No other channels are blocked. It is an international block. I will repeat... only Fox News is blocked, no other channels/stations.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Jeri44 wrote:
I’ve been having the same issue, today it is stuck on the screen that says it will return after a commercial break. I’m on the xfinity go on my smartphone. No other channels are blocked. It is an international block. I will repeat... only Fox News is blocked, no other channels/stations.

when you select tvgo channels the 'link' authorizes your connection to the tvgo's network line. that means you 'leave' xfinity and connect directly to (in this case) fox news. what they show on their stream is their doing. Comcast has nothing to do with it other than connecting you to the anycast IP address.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

closing old dead thread

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here