Community Forum

Error 14001 on stream app through firestick

Highlighted
New Poster

Error 14001 on stream app through firestick

Using xfinity stream on a fire stick... worked for about a week and now gives error message indicating the need to update the app. I go to the Amazon app store and it says unavailable. I don't see anything around the internet anywhere with a new version. What to do?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Error 14001 on stream app through firestick

@Craighowe12 wrote:
Using xfinity stream on a fire stick... worked for about a week and now gives error message indicating the need to update the app. I go to the Amazon app store and it says unavailable. I don't see anything around the internet anywhere with a new version. What to do?

Xfinity does not support the firestick for the stream app.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

When did this start happening?  I purchased stream 2 years ago.  Comcast Customer service informed me that it worked on firestick.  It all of a sudden not working is not an upgrade.  This is terrible.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

When did it start happening? Right around day one, it’s never been legitimately compatible

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I have been having the same problem on my Kindle Fire HDX. I've been using the Xfinity Stream app for years. And, now all of a sudden it is giving me the same error message. I've gone to the app store and it is not showing any updates. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast and Amazon are feuding over contracts. I have had Comcast out today they told me they recently received an email saying the Xfinity streaming app will no longer on the firestick I confirmed this with Amazon just now
Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity and Amazon are having a <Edited> battle and the app doesn't work on Firestick currently.  This occurred 2 days ago.  Programs you own on Xfinity on demand are being held hostage during the competition.  Xfinity on-demand movies purchased should be viewable on any platform.  Don't bother complaining.  Neither give a hoot about customer service or integrity.

Highlighted
Administrator

All, 

As mentioned by user's Rustyben and CCAndrew Amazon Firesticks have never been a compatible device with the Xfinity Stream App. You can find all the information about what minimum system requirements the Xfinity Stream App has here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!