blazer_72's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Downloaded programs keeps buffering

Hi,

Im new to xfinity, i downloaded the app on my tablet and downloaded a golf tournament to my tablet to watch while at work, i work in an isolated area where cell signal and wifi is almost non-existent, i thought the whole point of downloading was so that you watch offline, but my show is pausing and starting every 5 seconds, when you go to the control screen it shows the three flashing dots like its buffering the video. I called xfinity and they told me to contact the tablet maker and ask them. This seems like a xfinity issue and not tablet. does anyone have any suggestions, uninstalling and reinstalling is not a possibilty where i'm at.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@blazer_72 wrote:

Hi,

Im new to xfinity, i downloaded the app on my tablet and downloaded a golf tournament to my tablet to watch while at work, i work in an isolated area where cell signal and wifi is almost non-existent, i thought the whole point of downloading was so that you watch offline, but my show is pausing and starting every 5 seconds, when you go to the control screen it shows the three flashing dots like its buffering the video. I called xfinity and they told me to contact the tablet maker and ask them. This seems like a xfinity issue and not tablet. does anyone have any suggestions, uninstalling and reinstalling is not a possibilty where i'm at.

have the tablet available now with the download? put the phone in airplane mode (wifi and cell off).  now play the recording. does it play? if not, turn back on wifi/cell. what is the device? (apple or android). what ios/android version are you running? have you tried rebooting the device (full power down for 30+ seconds and then restart)?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Its a Lenovo tablet running Android 8.1.0, no putting it in airplane mode did nothing, also i have rebooted several times to no effect.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@blazer_72 wrote:

Its a Lenovo tablet running Android 8.1.0, no putting it in airplane mode did nothing, also i have rebooted several times to no effect.

can you upgrade from oreo? have you adopted an SD card for system memory? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

No i can't update to pie, the only way to do it is by rooting and i have not had alot of sucess when rooting. I have an SD card but it is not set as internal memory, i didn't do this because of all the horror stories of people losing everything if the card fails.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here