Marlamish's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 24th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Date and time wrong on Samsung beta stream

Xfinity stream beta app worked great the first time it was set up. Now the date and time are off (9/22 12:59am instead of 9/24 9:00pm). As a result, live tv won’t stream. The dvr function still works and streams fine. Is there a way to reset or update the date and time?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Marlamish wrote:
Xfinity stream beta app worked great the first time it was set up. Now the date and time are off (9/22 12:59am instead of 9/24 9:00pm). As a result, live tv won’t stream. The dvr function still works and streams fine. Is there a way to reset or update the date and time?

could that be a tv setting (time clock and date)?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Tv settings are ok. Normal home screen has all the correct info

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Marlamish wrote:
Tv settings are ok. Normal home screen has all the correct info

from other posts the time on guide is based on your account zip code.  an official employee will usually reply here within 72 hours or you can call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to check your account zipcode. if correct, ask the agent to perform a deep account background refresh (on the databases). This can take up to an hour to complete. if the agent is not aware of that special refresh, ask to speak to a supervisor.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Has anyone obtained a resolutionn for this problem? My time is not off on the guide by an exact hour. It is off by 8 hours and some odd number of minutes. So, you cant choose a specific current program  from the Xfinity guide as the programs are behind 8 plus hours.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@RWF12 wrote:

Has anyone obtained a resolutionn for this problem? My time is not off on the guide by an exact hour. It is off by 8 hours and some odd number of minutes. So, you cant choose a specific current program  from the Xfinity guide as the programs are behind 8 plus hours.

are you using a TV app or a Roku or smart phone/device?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am using the Xfinity app on a Samsung TV - ON Roku

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@RWF12 wrote:

I am using the Xfinity app on a Samsung TV - ON Roku

is the time 'off' when you use a smart phone/tablet/PC also? when you hit home on your Roku is the correct time shown at top of the home screen?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am not using a ROKU. I am using the Xfinity App on the Samsung Smart TV.

I ma currently connected my wireless router through a connectd access point and not to the "XFINITY" wireless connection. The wireless connection I have are 1) my access point, 2) XFINITY, and 3) xfinitywifi.  #3 does not require a password. I have tried to connect to #2 but it seems the password does not work and it does not connect. I can connect to #3#does not allow connection to the Internet.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@RWF12 wrote:

I am not using a ROKU. I am using the Xfinity App on the Samsung Smart TV.

I ma currently connected my wireless router through a connectd access point and not to the "XFINITY" wireless connection. The wireless connection I have are 1) my access point, 2) XFINITY, and 3) xfinitywifi.  #3 does not require a password. I have tried to connect to #2 but it seems the password does not work and it does not connect. I can connect to #3#does not allow connection to the Internet.

again, is the time 'off' when you use a smart phone/tablet/PC? you can't use the beta stream app except when connected to your own home wifi/gateway. xfinitywif/XFINITY (2.4 and 5.0 ghz radios) are not 'your' home network.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I had to add a 1 to my username to get in.

I added the streaming app to my laptop that is connected to my SECURED network and the time is wrong using the guide on the app.  Hopefully, this is what you were asking.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@RWF121 wrote:

I had to add a 1 to my username to get in.

I added the streaming app to my laptop that is connected to my SECURED network and the time is wrong using the guide on the app.  Hopefully, this is what you were asking.

for your laptop use a compatible browser like Chrome and go to tv.xfinity.com time right there on the 'live' menu all channel guide?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  Have you had any luck finding the solution?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ewinslow wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Have you had any luck finding the solution?

check your TV's menu system. is the clock set correctly now? is automatic time sync turned on?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, my clock is set correctly and automatic time synchronization is turn ON.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here.  What I have found is the application when the TV is shut down has issues restarting.  Effectively, the app "pauses", then boots up with a time and date closer to when you last used it.  The only solution I have found is to remove the application, shut off the TV, then turn the TV back on an re-add the application. Then authorize again.  Every single time you want to use it.  It appears to be a problem with the actual application on some of the Samsung TV's. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here