aestu's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Connection Error for Xfinity Stream App on Amazon Fire Kindle HDX

Xfinity Stream app on my Amazon Fire Kindle HDX recently stopped working when I tried to access it.

The Kindle device updates are current and I removed Xfinity Stream app and then downloaded it again. 

After clicking "Get Started" button on Xfinity Stream, I get:

Connection Error

Please check your connection and try again.

My other streaming apps are working and I rebooted my wireless router too.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue for me on my Kindle Fire HD ~ the Fire OS is up to date as of today, and I'm connected to my home Wifi which is 3 feet from me. When I tap the "Get Started" button I get a Connection Error saying to check my wifi and try again. I've also deleted app and reloaded but no luck.  Also downloaded same app to my iPhone 6 and it works fine.  Can we get a rep to troubleshoot this please?!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same for me.  It used to work, but within the past couple months it stopped working...so I reinstalled and started getting the check connection error.   

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same here on multiple WiFi networks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Me too! Xfinity - how about a response! 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same here on Feb 1, 2020. Shows how much they care about their customers.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

We have experienced the same issue.  Initially we reset the Kindle Fire to the original state, downloaded the Xfinity Stream App, rebooted and launched the app.  We continually get "Connection Error....".  So first to Amazon and they verified that all is up to date and working.  Also Netflix and Amazon stream shows just fine.  Next to Xfinity support and were told to uninstall/install/reboot/launch the Xfinity Stream App.  We'll back to the "Connection Error....".  The representative then said that it was our actual connection of Xfinity and they are sending a technician to diagnose/rectify the issues.  Two days latter we received a call from Xfinity support (original technican escalated) and they said that nothing was wrong with our equipment or the actual connections.  They wanted to do the uninstall/install/reboot/launch all over so we did that.  Nothing but the now infamous "Connection Error". 

We were pretty frustrated and inquired about backing out the latest Xfinity Stream App for an older version but were told that was impossible.  I requested that they file a bug report with their application development team and was told that it was not possible.  So much for Xfinity product development, quality assurance and technical support.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

2 iPhones, 1 Samusng phone. 1 Samsung Tab S2 tablet all stream with no problems. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mk10589 wrote:

We have experienced the same issue.  Initially we reset the Kindle Fire to the original state, downloaded the Xfinity Stream App, rebooted and launched the app.  We continually get "Connection Error....".  So first to Amazon and they verified that all is up to date and working.  Also Netflix and Amazon stream shows just fine.  Next to Xfinity support and were told to uninstall/install/reboot/launch the Xfinity Stream App.  We'll back to the "Connection Error....".  The representative then said that it was our actual connection of Xfinity and they are sending a technician to diagnose/rectify the issues.  Two days latter we received a call from Xfinity support (original technican escalated) and they said that nothing was wrong with our equipment or the actual connections.  They wanted to do the uninstall/install/reboot/launch all over so we did that.  Nothing but the now infamous "Connection Error". 

We were pretty frustrated and inquired about backing out the latest Xfinity Stream App for an older version but were told that was impossible.  I requested that they file a bug report with their application development team and was told that it was not possible.  So much for Xfinity product development, quality assurance and technical support.

do you have another smart device to try (smart phone/tablet)?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have had success with 2 Android phones, no connection issues. Kindle still nothing.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mk10589 wrote:

2 iPhones, 1 Samusng phone. 1 Samsung Tab S2 tablet all stream with no problems. 

will have to wait for c comcast employee to check this out for you. could you reply with the error message and error message number?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

There is not an error number just the same "Connection Error Please check your connection and try again." The same as everyone in this thread.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

No, the solution has yet to be resolved.  The Xfinity support team pretty must said that the even though it was working previously that Xfinity will not do anything about it. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

My Kindle Fire wouldn't boot so I was forced to do a hard reset and then reset to factory defaults.  I can use it as an ebook reader and stream Prime video but Xfinity and Netflix are no longer working consistent with the other messages in this forum.  

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums and I apologize for the delay in response. I'm sorry to hear about this connection error issue you all are experiencing. I would be more than happy to further look into this and assist you all. First, please make sure you all have the required Xfinity Stream app version 4.11.0 or later. Please visit the Amazon App Store to download the latest version.

Please send me a private message including your first and last name as it appears on the account. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The device that I'm having issues with is not the top of the line or the newest I think once the latest update for the app came out that our devices are just no longer supported that's why they aren't responding to the thread .Go on to the internet browser of the devices you're having troubles with and go to the Xfinity stream site instead of the app and see what that says my tablet is saying that it's no longer supported when I go to the website rather than using the app the app just keeps saying connection error connect to a network whatever

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here