kidahl3000's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 7th, 2019 9:00 PM

Closed

Cannot stream on Roku as of today

Major issue as of today with this awful beta app. Can get as far as selecting a channel to watch on my Roku3, it tries to load then ultimately crashes my device. Anyone going through this issue with me as of today?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I am having exactly the same problem. Happening with Live TV and with DVR recordings.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem, really started yesterday.

Attempted to watch some College Football and no matter what channel I chose to watch it would attempt to load, lockup and the Roku would reboot.

Attempted the following:

- Log out of App and log back in only to get Error setDeviceProvision.11005

- Uninstalled the App and attempted to activate it would get Error getAuthenticationRequest-1

- Spoke to standard support that refreshed my settings and was able to get the device activated by got the same lock up problems when viewing any channel.

- Escalated to next tier support that had me do a factory reset on my Roku and got the same issue with provisioning, when I did get provisioned couldn't watch Live TV same lockup.

- The higher Tier support promised a call back to me after they investigated it but never did.

- All other streaming services (Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO) working fine without any issues

- Internet is working fine and smoothly

I would like this  issue resolved ASAP please!

Devices: Two Roku Ultras (differnet rooms)
As of last week everything was running fine, able to watch TV or recordings.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Strangely...
Just reprovisioned both without issues and able to watch both Live TV & Recordings.

I wonder what sort of backend issues they had caused to make it stop working properly...

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

My Roku app is back to working normal when I just checked today. I didn't do anything: didn't log out or reprovision or reinstall the app. Problem must have been on Comcast's end.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi kidahl3000, thank you for reaching out here.  If you are still experiencing issues with your Roku and our Beta App  please send us a private message with your full name and we will gladly help further.   

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, we haven't heard from you but please don't hesitate to reach back out and create another post if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here