Community Forum

Cannot download more than one recording from my Xfinity Stream app

Contributor

Cannot download more than one recording from my Xfinity Stream app

Using a Samsung Tab A tablet,  can download one recording , one hour in length,  2 GB size, but when i try to download a second program, same one hour 2GB size, error message on Stream app says i do not have sufficient  storage and i need to free-up space even though i have 29 GB of free storage space remaining on my SD card. I have app permission set for "storage" and storage set to SD card. I have tried reinstalling the app. Same problem. Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Cannot download more than one recording from my Xfinity Stream app

Hi GeneLa,

Downloads from Xfinity Stream cannot be stored on SD cards and will use up internal device storage.  If you do need to clear up space, returning other existing downloads or moving content from other apps that do allow SD storage over to the SD card may help allocate more available space for Stream downloads.  Hope this helps with the storage questions, and happy streaming!

Regards,

Evan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

adding...  some newer android OS allow you to adopt an SD card as system memory. this is a permanent option and all data is encrypted and not available outside of the android device. even system files will be written there so removal will cause device to have to be reset.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

@ComcastEvan wrote:

Hi GeneLa,

Downloads from Xfinity Stream cannot be stored on SD cards and will use up internal device storage.  If you do need to clear up space, returning other existing downloads or moving content from other apps that do allow SD storage over to the SD card may help allocate more available space for Stream downloads.  Hope this helps with the storage questions, and happy streaming!

Regards,

Evan

Well OK, when I was able to change the  app to allow storage to an external  memory (SD card) my expectation was it would actually take effect. Thanks for the prompt response. 

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

adding...  some newer android OS allow you to adopt an SD card as system memory. this is a permanent option and all data is encrypted and not available outside of the android device. even system files will be written there so removal will cause device to have to be reset.  

Hi,

I'm guessing my Android 8.1.0 does not allow what you suggest, correct ?

Thanks

Expert

@GeneLa56 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

Hi,

I'm guessing my Android 8.1.0 does not allow what you suggest, correct ?

Thanks

yes it began with nougat

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.