jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

6 years ago

I used to be able to set recordings from the "TV Remote" iOS app on my iPad. Lately, I cannot. There is no longer a Record button anywhere in the app that I can find. What am I missing?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

If it’s a legal issue...then how is DirecTv able to get around it? You should go talk to them to figure it out.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I was out of town recently due to a death in the family. I packed up quickly and headed out; I did not have time to set recordings on the DVR. So while I was out of town and could have used some cheering up, I was not able to set any recordings for favorite shows like I used to with my app. I can't believe Xfinity thought it was a good idea to take this vital feature away from its customers with no announcement by email or anything. That's just poor customer service. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I used to go to live tv on my iPad & record upcoming shows. That record option is gone? 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Are there any updates to this legal ruling?  Any hope that we can record from a mobile device.  

Seems that it puts Comcast at a signficant disadavantage by not offering this

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why cant I record tv shows to my home dvr using my computer anymore?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why can't I program my dvr from my computer?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

wrote:

Why can't I program my dvr from my computer?

at the bottom or top of this thread select page one. Comcast's answer is listed as the best answer.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This was one of my favorite things from xfinity. They better resolve their issues!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Anyone know where the 'record this channel' button/option in the mobile app went? Now I can only 'watch channel', I can't schedule programs to record the way I used to. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Another useless app.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

wrote:

Anyone know where the 'record this channel' button/option in the mobile app went? Now I can only 'watch channel', I can't schedule programs to record the way I used to. 

Hi, I moved your post to the mega-thread on this topic. using the page selector at top or bottom of this page select page one and the first post has the answer attached from Comcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

So... we are blocked from any record setup remotely? Are we getting some discount for this from Xfinity?

Regular Contributor

• 

130 Messages

6 years ago

wrote:

So... we are blocked from any record setup remotely? Are we getting some discount for this from Xfinity?

You got it.  And no knowledge of when it will be unblocked.  And, if you think Comcast is going to give us a discount fat yhis loss of functionality, you are extremely out of touch with the way they operate.

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

What an absolute joke. Check on demand? The reason we have to record shows is because on most shows you deactivate the fast forward function and force us to sit through commercials... Costing us precious time and testing our patience. A ruling? Doesn't everyone steal everyone's ideas? This is patented and owned and no one else is allowed to use it. Jesus. Don't we pay you enough money. I know I do, but I'm confident speaking for everybody when I say we pay you more than enough.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here