Community Forum

Can't set recordings from stream app

Highlighted
New Poster

Set recording from iPad to Home DVR

I’m out of town and want to set up a program to tape on my DVR while gone. Can’t seem to figure it out.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

Cool update, I’m very glad I just wasted a bunch of time in the app trying to set a recording which I could always do previously. Classically wonderful customer service from Comcast, never notifying customers about anything. Keep it up guys, not going to last much longer, the people are getting smarter...
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: remote set of recording

One of the primary uses I had for Xfinity was the ability to remotely set a recording.  If I could not make it home in time, I would just set a recording of the program I wanted to view.  

Is xfinity going to fix this problem or are users merely to accept that you list a law suit.  Please explain and also explain what the lawsuit was about.

Highlighted
New Poster

Recording programs

Why is it no longer possible to set a recording for programs from computer or app?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Are you kidding me? That is ridiculous! Comcast - do what you have to do. It’s 2018 and I can’t record something remotely?!?!?!

Another step closer to me pulling the plug on you. Already researching Hulu, Vue and YouTubeTV to see if it’s possible.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: programming

That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Set recording on iPad ap

Howto record program on ipad

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: scheduling a recording from a remote location

Hello @shwyu. Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Set recording from iPad to Home DVR

That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

cannot set recordings from xfinity apps

All Comcast Xfinity Customers should complain about inability to set recordings from ios, android, and website apps.  This feature was removed by comcast late last year with no warning or explanation to its customers.  This feature was highly touted as a selling point by Comcast.  If you do not complain, management has no pressure to reinstitute.  Please use your voice to let Comcast know you care about these features.  Thanks.

Highlighted
New Poster

Set a program to record using phone

So I read that a legal ruling forced comcast to remove the reccord function on the remote app. Is there another app I can add to my i-phone to remotely record a tv program? Thanks

Highlighted
New Poster

Mobile app TV remote

I’m unable to set a recording from my mobile app, has that feature been removed?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Mobile app TV remote

wrote:
I’m unable to set a recording from my mobile app, has that feature been removed?

hi, I moved your post to this 'mega-thread' for your issue. on the first page first post is the answer from Comcast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
New Poster

It is unacceptable that there wad no notification about the reason of not being able to record program to watch later at all. For those of us who can not watch program “live”, this is absurd. Comcast just let it happen as if nothing has happened. It truly puzzles me. The fault lies in the monopoly!
Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
New Poster

where did the record option go on the xfinity stream tv app?

I use to be able to set shows to record right from my phone or laptop. Now the record option is not anywhere. Where did it go?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Poster

Programing DVR from remote location

I am going to be away for one week. Can I programe my DVR to record a sports event from a remote computer?   Thanks.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Programing DVR from remote location

You used to be able to with X1, but due to a Tivo patent lawsuit, that was taken away. The ability to do that with non-X1 disappeared a few years ago.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can't set recordings from stream app is just one of the many things that used to be available from X! such as restart, pause during Live, etc.  Verizon customers can do these things so I don't believe the legal excuse

Highlighted
New Poster

Stream record feature

.. no record button remotely from app, only the info button.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR recordings not showing on Xfinity TV app

No, You need a new service provider. Comcast has made the business decision to stop licensing Rovi patents and litigate instead. And we their customers are the victims who suffer. I had no plans to leave Comcast, until this...

Regardless the underlying legality of the patent in question, not relicensing it was a boneheaded business decision IMO. Apparently Comcast decided the churn from lost customers will be less then the cost of licensing the patents.

Remotely setting recordings and deleting them was a novelty feature. Very few actually used the feature, it's true. Comcast said so in a press release! Apparently most customers still prefer to sit down in front of their TV and program their DVR with the remote like it's 1998.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Stream record feature

There is a megathread on this topic here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
New Poster

Home and can’t set the dvr

I’m home and still can’t set the dvr to record from the app on my phone anymore. What the is going on?!?!?!?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Home and can’t set the dvr

wrote:
I’m home and still can’t set the dvr to record from the app on my phone anymore. What the is going on?!?!?!?

to set a new recording, you will have to use your remote.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: TV Remote App no longer Records

Per this article losing the ability to record is due to a TiVo patent. https://www.geekwire.com/2017/comcast-subscribers-lose-ability-set-dvr-recordings-via-xfinity-remote...
Highlighted
New Poster

Can DIRECTV record remotely? If so, I’m switching.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: DVR recordings not showing on Xfinity TV app

This needs resolution. Just pursuing a legal remedy leaves us in a bad way. For those who use this feature it is HUGE losing this option. If you travel or just active and not home being able to record remotely was crucial. 

As as others have said I was generally happy with Comcast....but this is a game changer. Time to save some money, increase features and move on to new options. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Cannot set a recording in TV Remote app

I used to be able to set recordings from the "TV Remote" iOS app on my iPad. Lately, I cannot. There is no longer a Record button anywhere in the app that I can find. What am I missing?

Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot set a recording in TV Remote app

Never mind, I found the answer. What a botch.

Highlighted
New Poster

If it’s a legal issue...then how is DirecTv able to get around it? You should go talk to them to figure it out.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I was out of town recently due to a death in the family. I packed up quickly and headed out; I did not have time to set recordings on the DVR. So while I was out of town and could have used some cheering up, I was not able to set any recordings for favorite shows like I used to with my app. I can't believe Xfinity thought it was a good idea to take this vital feature away from its customers with no announcement by email or anything. That's just poor customer service. 

Highlighted
New Poster

App

I used to go to live tv on my iPad & record upcoming shows. That record option is gone? 

Highlighted
Contributor

Are there any updates to this legal ruling?  Any hope that we can record from a mobile device.  

Seems that it puts Comcast at a signficant disadavantage by not offering this

Highlighted
New Poster

Recoriding shows from my computer

Why cant I record tv shows to my home dvr using my computer anymore?

Highlighted
New Poster

dvr

Why can't I program my dvr from my computer?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: dvr

wrote:

Why can't I program my dvr from my computer?

at the bottom or top of this thread select page one. Comcast's answer is listed as the best answer.

Highlighted
New Poster

This was one of my favorite things from xfinity. They better resolve their issues!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

wrote:
This was one of my favorite things from xfinity. They better resolve their issues!

What will you do if they don't? Will you vote with your wallet? Or will you bend over? We can easily guess what their calculations were, because they chose not to pay to license the technology from TiVo. If you want to make a difference, vote. Failing that, you can make some noise on social media to discourage new customers. Just make sure your posts are factual (i.e., quoting publicly available reports). Otherwise, you open yourself to a libel/defamation suit.

Highlighted
New Poster

Record Button on App?

Anyone know where the 'record this channel' button/option in the mobile app went? Now I can only 'watch channel', I can't schedule programs to record the way I used to. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Another useless app.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Record Button on App?

wrote:

Anyone know where the 'record this channel' button/option in the mobile app went? Now I can only 'watch channel', I can't schedule programs to record the way I used to. 

Hi, I moved your post to the mega-thread on this topic. using the page selector at top or bottom of this page select page one and the first post has the answer attached from Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

So... we are blocked from any record setup remotely? Are we getting some discount for this from Xfinity?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

wrote:

So... we are blocked from any record setup remotely? Are we getting some discount for this from Xfinity?

You got it.  And no knowledge of when it will be unblocked.  And, if you think Comcast is going to give us a discount fat yhis loss of functionality, you are extremely out of touch with the way they operate.

Highlighted
New Poster

What an absolute joke. Check on demand? The reason we have to record shows is because on most shows you deactivate the fast forward function and force us to sit through commercials... Costing us precious time and testing our patience. A ruling? Doesn't everyone steal everyone's ideas? This is patented and owned and no one else is allowed to use it. Jesus. Don't we pay you enough money. I know I do, but I'm confident speaking for everybody when I say we pay you more than enough.
Highlighted
Official Employee
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Mobile App

wrote:

Why cant I set recordings for my dvr through the mobile app and the website anymore?

Hi, I moved your post to the mega-thread on this topic. using the page selector at top or bottom of this page select page one and the first post has the answer attached from Comcast.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I’m tired of seeing only the reason behind us losing the record option in the Xfinity app. I want to hear a RESOLUTION. That is a huge feature to be losing completely. Having to go to the TV whenever I want to set up a recording is way beyond annoying. I’d be willing to pay monthly for the feature if necessary, and that’s saying a lot.
Highlighted
New Poster

The record feature on the app was one of the most useful things about it. Please resolve this!
Highlighted
New Poster

X1 delete scheduled show when not at home

Have X1...on vacation...used to be able to delete scheduled recordings...do not see options any more.???