jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

language filter bypass. Post Removed per Forum Guidelines. You can review these here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5K Messages

6 years ago

Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why won’t Comcast send out info when an important feature is removed. They have no problem sending out emails as to the worthless “what I can do with voice command” spam.
Come on Comcast keep us up to date with relevant functionality changes.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Please explain why comcast is not permitted to allow its customers to set up dvr recordings via mobile app. Saying “due to some legal ruling” is not enough.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

We are having the same issue - using the steam web portal, one cannot setup new recordings.   We can view old recordings, and see scheduled recordings, but cannot set new recordings up.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

How long will the record option be gone?  Is this permanent or is Comcast actually working on finding a legal solution?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

What is the name of the case, I would like to do some research on it

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Just a couple of days ago according to the comcast rep I just talked to that there was a corporite disision to stop people from setting recrodings from their computers, you have to use a tv to set a recording. What about all of us who use a desktop computer as a tv. Way to go again comcast in sticking to the subscribers of your service. I shutter to think what you'll do when net neutrality dies.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Almost daily, I see something come across my desktop referencing an upcoming broadcast that I would like to see. So I get up from my computer, go downstairs, turn on my TV, and finally set my recording. This used to be so much easier. What a total PITA ! Come on Comcast, use some of that massive tax windfall you just received and pay off the patent troll (Tivo), or just buy the whole darn company. This would be so much better for all of us if we could just get the record feature back across all our various platforms. If you hurry, there's still time to avoid the last minute Christmas rush !

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is incredibly frustrating. The ability to set a recording away from home was by far the best feature of the app. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

I used to be able to go to the tv listing on the computer and record programs and watch them on my TV, does anyone know why I can't do this any more?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the answer.  That's a loss for those of us who travel a lot and depended on that feature to record upcoming shows.  If you can post more details about where to write to support the appeal, please do so.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This in a huge disapointment, we just go the service and are locked in for a year now.  this is a critical feature, the interface on the x1 box is way to cumersome to use for search and record.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

No joke. This had been the best and only thing good about cable. It is a sports town and l, a fan in it. I would at times forget to set recording before leaving house. This is a feature that must come back.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

6 years ago

Calsyms wrote: Why can't we record anything on the xfinity stream app! We used to be able to do this! Can someone contact the people who can fix this as I have tried but can't seem to connect to Help !

Your issue is addressed within this thread.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here