jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The DVR recording function is not available via the web or through the app.  The Comcast support person I talked to in a chat session told me that that feature has been turned off company wide due to a lawsuit or injuntion and that it wasn't known when it would be resolved.   Is this true?  I'm starting to wonder becuase I am not seeing any press on the subject, banner on the xfinity site pages or comments in the forum.  What is the truth?  How do you get the DVR record feature back?

Expert

• 

18K Messages

6 years ago

@lineagekeeper wrote:

The DVR recording function is not available via the web or through the app.  The Comcast support person I talked to in a chat session told me that that feature has been turned off company wide due to a lawsuit or injuntion and that it wasn't known when it would be resolved.   Is this true?  I'm starting to wonder becuase I am not seeing any press on the subject, banner on the xfinity site pages or comments in the forum.  What is the truth?  How do you get the DVR record feature back?

The support person is correct.  Google loss of DVR functions as there is plenty of press out there on this recent development.

Expert

• 

18K Messages

6 years ago

Deleted Post removed from the forums.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I agree that they should have informed their paying customers.  I switched to X1 just to have that functionality - which cost more than the normal service.  I'm traveling and cannot record my shows now.  That just stinks.  I chatted with Comcast the other night to find out why I couldn't record.  The tech tried to fix it for me and then he comes back and says, oh, sorry they removed that function due to a legal issue.  

I'm sure our rate won't go down but will increase once they settle with TiVo in order to cover the royalty costs.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I used to be able to record a program from the TV Remote app?  That does not seem to be possible anymore.  Did that function disappear or move to a more obscure location?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Xfinity tv remote app for iPhone is not letting you record, the  only option is to watch shows.  I deleted and reinstalled the app and it is still showing only watch show.  Is anyone else having this issue?   Please help me with a fix, thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

In case you didn't know, Comcast customers can no longer schedule TV programs on their home DVRs from remote computer devices.  This functionality has been removed and all recordings now must be set up in-home only.  There has been no notice put out by Comcast Mangement on this change.  This is a severe issue for the thousands (maybe more) of Comcast customers (PAYING CUSTOMERS) who have had a critical functionality taken away without warning and still no communication on from Comcast as to why.  The only reason I know about it is I called customer support to find out why I could no longer schedule future recordings of shows/events from my computer while I am on the road for the next four weeks.  Great support person (she was also upset about the situation) informed me there was a lawsuit and the functionality was removed without notice to anyone.  The details were sketchy and made no sense.

COMCAST MANAGEMENT - notify your paying customers about this situation.  Also explain why we are still paying for services promised that you have now cancelled unannounced.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Unable to record tv shows from my iPhone.
I was informed that this is no longer available due to licensing and that they are working on it?
I have been a costumer for 30 years and Comcast is my largest bill.
I am on a fixed income but I am willing to pay this expense due to the convenience of watching my favorite shows.
Why was this convenience done away with?
Also, why not provide the obvious when it comes to costumer service. Provide clear speaking English communicators. It’s hard on both sides.
Thank you and I’m hoping to hear from you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5K Messages

6 years ago

That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Ridiculous..What legal basis would prohibit from setting a recording on a DVR? Comcast does it again.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I can’t believe Xfinity would remove the Record option from the TV Remote capability.

I often travel and depend on that capability to record programs not available at my location.

To allow e to spend valuable time trying to get your Customer support people to troubleshoot the absence of the Record option which they were totally ignored of the issue,

One of the primary resons I contract and pay the very high price for this service is for this option.

Don’t make you customers be punished for your Corpret officers violating patent rights.

You lost. Take the hit and restore what you should never have removed

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I can no longer program my DVR from the TV Grid on my PC.  I used to be able to click on a program title in the Grid, the field would expand and give me the option to record the show.  Now when the cell expands the only options I am given are: "Watch" and "More Information".  I have tried two differnt computers and several differnt browsers.  The results are the same.

Why did this change?

How can I program my DVR from my PC?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I phone remote control app suddenly does show record option .... help

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

6 years ago

I am able to set recordings from the X1 listings on my TV screen. However, I am not always able to set them from the tv.xfinity.com/listings page because the record function intermittently disappears.

This is true from both a Windows 7 and a Windows 10 computer and from both Firefox and Internet Explorer. All computers and browsers have the latest updates and plug-ins.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

When will Comcast return the ability to record from xfinity remote
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here