Community Forum

Background Audio

Highlighted
New Poster

Background Audio

Since updating to iOS14, the background audio turns off if I hit the button on the side of my iPhone to turn the screen off; it didn’t use to do that. I had hoped the xfinity app update I downloaded today would fix this issue, but it didn’t. I confirmed that I still have “allow background audio” selected in the Xfinity app, and I’ve tried it both with the new Picture in Picture option for iOS14 on and off, but nothing helps. What’s going on?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Background Audio


@lbrown317 wrote:
Since updating to iOS14, the background audio turns off if I hit the button on the side of my iPhone to turn the screen off; it didn’t use to do that. I had hoped the xfinity app update I downloaded today would fix this issue, but it didn’t. I confirmed that I still have “allow background audio” selected in the Xfinity app, and I’ve tried it both with the new Picture in Picture option for iOS14 on and off, but nothing helps. What’s going on?

verified on my iphone 11 pro iOS 14. Periscope and Youtube play normally in the background. a temporary work aroud is lock the screen, then touch the screen and hit play button on the lock screen.  I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Background Audio

Hi @lbrown317 @Rustyben we opened a ticket for this issue, and our team is working on resolving it in a future release. We will keep you updated.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Background Audio

Same issue for me. I used this all the time and it’s broken with iOS 14. Help!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Background Audio


@Thegrep wrote:
Same issue for me. I used this all the time and it’s broken with iOS 14. Help!

the answer is in the post just before your reply.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Background Audio

Great workaround. Thanks
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Background Audio

Not fixed as of 10/26/20. How about a progress report.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Background Audio


@odyssey570 wrote:
Not fixed as of 10/26/20. How about a progress report.

scroll back to 9/23 post for answer. you can touch home screen and press play button to restart the audio until fixed.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!