KenGoe's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 3rd, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Apple TV with Xfinity Stream app

I installed Apple TV and linked it to my Visio TV.  I registered my Xfinity account in Apple TV but I cannot see any live channels,  Example:  I can watch NBC news on Apple TV but it’s a day old version.   I can watch live NBC on the iPad but not on Apple TV.

What do I neeed to do to watch live TV on Apple TV?

thank you, 

Ken

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I just had to switch from Spectrum to Xfinity (my building forced the switch). Spectrum Stream app worked seamlessly with Apple TV, ties into the ‘Watch Next’ and browsing features. I’m now paying $40 a month more for less channels and a poor product. Comcast need to get their act together.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

No, Xfinity doesn’t seem interested!!

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

This is exactly the same for the Paramount Network app!!!! It’s ridiculous!!

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Well this is ridiculous!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Roku app with be compatible with the newest LG models IN THE NEAR FUTUREQ

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Well it looks moer and more that the only reason I need Xfinity at a premium price is to appease my parents when they visit.  Total corporate move to block apple TV users from streaming.  This is exactly why you are rapidly loosing market share. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@db89 wrote:

Well it looks moer and more that the only reason I need Xfinity at a premium price is to appease my parents when they visit.  Total corporate move to block apple TV users from streaming.  This is exactly why you are rapidly loosing market share. 

comcast video revenue is collected per TV (the mobile devices in the home are free). The roku beta is currently free.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Why not embrace all of the major players? And Apple is a major player. Xfinity is apparently “in bed” financially with Samsung and Roku. If Apple gave a kick back, would you institute a program for them?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Now they said that they are never bringing it to the Apple TV wow

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Where did you see that?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When???

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Unfortunately, the only models for Samsung your company connects to are the high end 4K displays with 50 to 72 inch screen sizes. There is no consideration for the owners of smaller screen units.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I’m not certain how this relates to thread except that it certainly speaks to Xfinity’s lack of regard for its customers.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Welcome to Xfinity. Home of the glitch and exclusions.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Funny, just hooked up Xfinity a week ago... internet, voice... I also signed up for the Limited Plus Package... put my apple tv directly to modem...  Fox News, Fox Business... (I like watching live while I work). It actually worked for three days with little problems... live streaming... with no lock in the right hand corner....

TODAY, stopped working...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here