KenGoe's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 3rd, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Apple TV with Xfinity Stream app

I installed Apple TV and linked it to my Visio TV.  I registered my Xfinity account in Apple TV but I cannot see any live channels,  Example:  I can watch NBC news on Apple TV but it’s a day old version.   I can watch live NBC on the iPad but not on Apple TV.

What do I neeed to do to watch live TV on Apple TV?

thank you, 

Ken

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

***Validated Best Answer as of 03/2020***

Hi all, 

We sincerely appreciate all your feedback. At this time, we do not support the Stream App on Apple TV. Currently, the Xfinity Stream app is compatible with the following Apple devices and operating systems.

Devices

• iPhone 4s or later, optimized for latest iPhones and tablets (iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPad Pro)
  • iPad 2 or later
  • iPad Air
  • iPad Mini
  • iPod touch fourth generation or later

Supported Operating Systems
To find and download the Xfinity Stream app in the Apple App Store, your device must be running iOS 11.0 or later. AirPlay is not supported.

Supported Xfinity Stream App Versions
To access and watch all content, including content available to watch when out-of-home, Xfinity Stream app version 4.11.2 or later is required. Please visit the Apple App Store to download the latest version.

We also have the Xfinity Stream Beta app for Roku and select Samsung Smart TVs. LG and Sony Smart TV compatibility to be announced later this year.  Once we receive any updates we will be sure to update this Best Answer. Thanks in advance for all your patience. 

For additional information on what devices are compatible with the Xfinity Stream app see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I'm seriously thinking about using my legal insurance to contact a consumer protection attorney.  I have kids and they just recently cutt off the Nick Jr app too.  Not only do they not allow the Xfinity Stream app on the Apple TV, but the individual apps that are supposed to be included are also being cutt off by Comcast one by one.  Pretty soon the Applte TV will be completely useless if you have Comcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Save your money and spend 35 bucks on a Roku device. Xfinity Stream works great

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

5 years ago

Re: “Save your money and spend 35 bucks on a Roku device. Xfinity Stream works great”

I have an Apple TV, pay $155/mo. for Xfinity, $14/mo. for TiVo service and spent >$400 for TiVo hardware. So, now I’m going to spend another $35 for another streaming device? This is sheer madness!

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi jkm74. You will need to locate and download the Xfinity Stream beta app within the app store in your LG Smart TV. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

How do I get into the beta for the Stream app on LG TVs?

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Xfinity app is not compatible with apple tv. You need to download every channel apps( nbc, cbs, etc..) and watch the live streaming from those apps. I got rid of my cable boxes and bought a roku stick. Now im watching my whole tv package using the xfinity app. I wish it worked on the apple tv as its a much better quality device

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I love my Xfinity. But HULU is my source for TV since Xfinity can’t get a grip.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I don't see that app anywhere.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Apologies folks. We launched a partnership with LG and Sony Smart TV in the past and haven't officially launched the beta yet. 

We expect to launch the Xfinity Stream app beta on LG and Sony by the end of the year. More details will be available at launch.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 years ago

Greetings, chatsmere50! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly understand the frustration as I have an Apple TV and can't wait to use the Xfinity Stream app on it as well. Right now we are still currently developing the app to be supported on the Apple TV and want to make sure you have the best experience possible. At this time we do not have an ETA on when the Apple TV will be fully supported but hope it was will be soon. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Why the heck don’t you support Apple TV? There are MANY of us that live in the Apple-verse.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

While I appreciate the need to have an effective interface between xfinity and apple, it appears that Xfinity (with its basic beta on Roku and the lack of support for Apple, suggests that Xfinity has not anticipated the tidal wave of users who wish to stream.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t think apple will make the xfinity app compatible as they are developing their on tv app. My complaints right now is that the app has been in a beta way too long. The recent update only brought design changes ( wallpaper backgrounds, button shapes and colors. What about functionality,? Like more info of what you are watching without leaving the channel. Same when scrolling in mini guide. Dont quit the guide once a channel is selected.. double click on right arrow for more scheduled programs. The guide doesn't update automatically. . No scrolling preview when fast forwarding. Thats the most annoying to me. The arrow down menu has plenty of free space to add shortcuts. Even the option menu has plenty room to grow. My last wish... It’s time for xfinity to have a dedicated 4k broadcasting channel like direct tv, altice and fubo offers..but thats’s another topic.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Let me add one more thing. Not sure what the difference is. But i tried hulu live, fubo tv and sling . they all have a much better interface and the channel loads instantly. No drag or delay whats so ever. Xfinity app takes forever to load channels. Worse than satellite tv.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here