sethy79's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Account Login-Loop

I've seen this issue on multiple posts, but few answers. I also have additional information that might help. 

I am experiencing the login-loop issue when trying to access my xfinity.com "my account" page. I first go to https://my.xfinity.com and then click on the "sign in" option. I input my user credentials and click enter. Doing so brings me to my account briefly but while the page is loading I am kicked back to the login page. From here it is an infinite loop of logging in, loading the page and being sent back to the login page. I did some testing with it though. I tried to login on four devices (work desktop, home desktop, home laptop, mobile phone). No device worked. I tried on three networks (work, home, mobile). This did not work. I tried four browers (chrome, explorer, edge, firefox). None of these work. I cleared cache, changed cookie settings, reset my browser. This did not work. I rebooted my computer. This did not work. I reset my account password (this feature is working pefectly). I still experienced the login-loop with the new password. The result of chaging my password is that I can no longer get into my xfinity app on my phone since the app directs me to the web login and that is non-responsive on my phone. 

Now for more details. As others have noted I can access xfinity connect to view mail. If I login and then close the tab and open a new tab to go back to xfinity.com I can see that I'm logged in and can watch online tv through my "entertainment experience". It seems that I can get anywhere except "my account". If I try to look at my bill or my account settings, I get kicked out and sent back to the login page. Pretty irritating since I would like to update my automatic payment credit card information. 

One last interesting fact. I am convinced it is not the website itself, but something wrong with my account at this point. I used my father's xfinity login information to see if the same problem occured. Nope. I can login to my dad's account and view his "my account" no problem. No login-loop, no issues at all. Sign out of his account and then sign into mine? Login-loop occurs again. 

I'm at a loss for how to proceed. I would buy a website issue and having to change settings in my browser if no accounts could login from my devices, but if one works perfectly fine but  mine does not there is something going on with my account and I would like find out how to resolve this. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

100% agree with all of your symptoms and observations. I also had my friend log in with her account to confirm if it was environment related (browser/PC/network) but it worked for her. Would be helpful if comcast was able to confirm this problem exists...

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I also have the exact same issue.  An hour of online chatting with with "support" ended with "escalation" and no solution.  I'd be satisfied with just an email address or phone number of a Comcast person who CAN make the changes to My Account that I would do if I could login.

Dave

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

No response about the problem? I'm sure that when my credit card on file expires I'll get a notice. I wonder if anyone will be willing to help take care of the issue then? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I'm seeing the login loop issue since yesterday all day (1/15/19) today (1/16/19) it seems to be continuing I wonder if the Xfinity are supporting the government workers and hence volunttary taking these days off.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Just off the phone with Comcast tech support. I was trying to add voice services to a secondary user account but could not login to 'Account Settings'. Evidently this is a known issue since Monday, 1/15. The behavior seems to be that primary account holders cannot login to their web account to access 'My Account', 'View My Bill' or 'Account Settings'. However, if you have auto-login, you can get to the primary user page and all other services (email, stream, xFi, Voice) seem to be available. That does not help if you want to change voice services, billing or other user configs. Luckily I previously turned off auto bill pay. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the update. I still have not seen a response from a comcast support person here and I still cannot access my account to update autopay settings. I wonder how long it will take them to figure out how to solve this. Is there a way to update autopay with customer support? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same problem. Basically I was able to access my xfinity. However, I cannot access "my account" I cannot see my bill, cannot change my account setting. 

Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpgLast week I called a comcast agent. All they did was to ask me to reset my password. What a waste of time. The worst part was that one of agents asked me my password. 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast is currently working on the problem since it's so widespread. Keep an eye on the following topic for more updates:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity-Website/Can-t-login-to-my-account/m-p/3185529

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @sethy79 and others that are affected, 

@tempest42 is correct. This is a known issue that our engineers are investigating and working to find a resolution to. You can continue to monitor the thread above for updates, or I can link your account to this investigation on my end. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.   

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Looks like the problem is now solved. I was able to login no problem this morning. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

i have exact same problem as above user.... login loop

spent 1.5 hrs on phone with agents, not reolved...

does anyone with tech experience have a fix for this issue.

Jeff

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

Hello All! I am showing the issue has been resolved on the backend, and customers should no longer be running into this when logging in. Thank you all for hanging in there with us and we truly appreciated your patience with this. Once again we apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused. If you are still experiencing this issue, please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am still experiencing this issue. What steps do I need to take to get this resolved?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,  After numerous calls and chats my problem was resolved by Comcast. I don't know what they did, but it took them 2 weeks to do it. Then I could not access my email account! Again it took numerous calls and chats before they fixed it. Someone in "Advanced tech support" (?) did something about suspending my user name and then refreshing the system (but not sure).

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, but the problem still exists. Have you tried logging in as a customer? This morning I had to sign in and then sign in again (loop problem) and it told me to stop back later to see my bill once I did get in (5-10 minute process.) You have a major issue. Tried to pay my bill, and it showed me a $0.00 balance. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here