carla8's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, February 27th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

View Recent Sign-in Activity

I just got an email saying my account was logged into from a new device. I did not recognize it, so I changed my password and turned on 2fa. However I would like to view Recent Sign-in Activity  to see if anything else has been going on, and I can't find a way to do that. The help page at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/new-device-sign-in says there will be a link in the email but there is not. Does the website or app provide a way to view Recent Sign-in Activity ? 

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

4 years ago

Interesting, I've never received any of these emails, and I want to now. That article says they should be generated even by you if you clear your cookies, which I do on a regular basis, and with the Xfinity website, or by incognito browser mode, which I just tested and did not get this email, either.

BTW, I scoured the My Account site and also could not find anything like this view. The help article would seem to be outdated, and now it also seems that account security features are inconsistently applied to our accounts, too.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Today I had the same issue. The email sent did offer a link to recent activity. Hope the email wasn't a phishing scam.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I agree with the original question, and moreover would add that "click the link in the email" is terrible advice from Comcast. That's exactly how to get caught in a phishing scheme. The advice should be: login to your Xfinity account, and go to such-and-such page to see recent account activity -- which leads us right back to the OP's original question.

I would love to know how to see all recent activity on my Xfinity account. This is something that is trivially easy (and very obvious) to do with, say, Netflix, or Amazon, or any of a dozen more reputable services.

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

4 years ago

So I went to this link. It seems to provide recent login info.

However, the recent connection from Apps section was not working when I tried to disconnect a single mobile app - Xfinity My Account. I got an error message that I should try again later. But when I clicked disconnect all apps, it did it, but that meant iot took my Xfinity Mobile phone app authentication token with it. So this is apparently not totally functional yet. 

It is like a never-ending supply of partially functional webpages. I can't hide my dismay anymore, the breadth of function keeps expanding but quality doesn't seem to improve.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @carla8,

The security console is still being tested and worked through, if you need the link you can go directly to https://security-console.identity.xfinity.com/. We hope to have it available in all email messages and eventually integrated into My Account in the Settings tab. Thanks for your patience!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, I don't even know if this is the correct post for  my question.

I tried a few weeks ago to access the "recent activity". The only entry was "confriming your new password"; I clicked on "view details" and it took me to a page that said "sensitive content blocked," which I thought was odd since it's MY info! I tried again tonight after securing my new network connection; same thing.

This is my first time commenting in 3-1/2 years, so maybe I don't know the procedures, etc. My PC was (is) hacked and every time I go into my email folder eventually he comes also. I can tell because in the upper left hand corner of my browser, there is a small "i" where the "https:" usually is, and itt says "this connecttion is not secure". Maybe that's the reason.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? I'm just trying to get everything to run smoothly for Xfinity and myself!

Thanks...

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Have you used a VPN lately?  Every time I log into a VPN service, both Comcast and Google blow a gasket because they can't spy on my internet activity.  Using a VPN accounts for all the "unknown logins to my account."

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here