Community Forum

Unlinking accounts

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Unlinking accounts

Like a number of others, I accidently linked my account with a friends. I have tried and tried to unlink them, but to no avail. I have access to both accounts, but every time I get close, I get this dreaded "Looks like somthing went wrong." Duh. PLEASE.  Some people are apparently getting help, but via private conversations. There doesn't seem to be any solutions publicly available. Would appreciate any help. Like others, it's causing problems. Thank you.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Unlinking accounts

Hi, Jon. Thanks very much for the quick reply. However, when I try to unlink the account, I get the following error message, with the only option is to "reload":

Sorry

A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later

Regards,

Highlighted
Official Employee

@bilyara 

Thanks for the heads up. Could you please message me and I'll attempt to assist you.

@bilyara wrote:

Hi, Jon. Thanks very much for the quick reply. However, when I try to unlink the account, I get the following error message, with the only option is to "reload":

Sorry

A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later

Regards,

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@ComcastJonathan wrote:

@bilyara 

Thanks for the heads up. Could you please message me and I'll attempt to assist you.

@bilyara To send a Private Message to @ComcastJonathan click on his name in his post and then on Send message.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @bilyara

We have now enabled the ability for you to unlink accounts you do not want linked directly from the My Account website experience. 

Go here for the new experience:

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account#linked-accounts

If you need a guide on how to do so, here's the Help and Support article:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts

Hope this helps, feel free to reply if you need further assistance.

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.