Community Forum

My account - linking accounts

Highlighted
New Poster

My account - linking accounts

Hi, so I have successfully set up my account and have my phone number and social associated but it looks like I have previously partly set up another account (may be a WiFi on demand ?) that has my personal email associated.

the account associated with this personal email address doesn't appear complete and I want to delete this so I can use my personal email with the main account.

Is this possible, or is there some way to merge it all together into the one account?

thanks, Dominic

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: My account - linking accounts

Hi @dr67,

We're working through a true "merge" capability as well as a way to pick up the email at the outset if you provide it, however right now the workaround is to invite a secondary https://customer.xfinity.com/users/add-user and invite your email account, then you can verify your account information from the email link, and remove the email from the secondary, and remove the secondary. 

Let me know if this works and if you have any questions!

Thanks

Jonathan

@dr67 wrote:

Hi, so I have successfully set up my account and have my phone number and social associated but it looks like I have previously partly set up another account (may be a WiFi on demand ?) that has my personal email associated.

the account associated with this personal email address doesn't appear complete and I want to delete this so I can use my personal email with the main account.

Is this possible, or is there some way to merge it all together into the one account?

thanks, Dominic

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks Jonathan - I think it should work as the account now has a new user pending verification, but when I respond to the email to verify the second user email address and click on the 'link accounts' button I get the error message below. I think the only other option on the screen is to set up a new profile and that didn't seem the right choice....?

Let's try that again.

Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please give us a minute and then try again.

If the problem persists, please contact us and we'll take care of it as quickly as possible.

@ComcastJonathan wrote:

Hi @dr67,

We're working through a true "merge" capability as well as a way to pick up the email at the outset if you provide it, however right now the workaround is to invite a secondary https://customer.xfinity.com/users/add-user and invite your email account, then you can verify your account information from the email link, and remove the email from the secondary, and remove the secondary. 

Let me know if this works and if you have any questions!

Thanks

Jonathan

@dr67 wrote:

thanks, Dominic

Highlighted
Official Employee

Give it a shot again today and let me know what you’re seeing, and if that doesn’t work PM me your information (address account number and email of the identity you need linked and I’ll investigate)

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!