Community Forum

Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue.

Highlighted
New Poster

Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue.

I have been a user on my old roommate's Xfinity account (not primary user) but I am moving out and wanted to set up service at my new address. My roommate has deleted me as a user but still has service at the old address. 

Now I just get the message:

• "Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue." 

Do I just need to call in to set up new service?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue.

@kaylal1 wrote:

I have been a user on my old roommate's Xfinity account (not primary user) but I am moving out and wanted to set up service at my new address. My roommate has deleted me as a user but still has service at the old address. 

Now I just get the message:

• "Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue." 

Do I just need to call in to set up new service?

Simply, yes.  If it was your roommate's account and they let you use it and now you're moving, it sounds as though they have removed you from the account.  Now you can get a new account in your name at your new address.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue.

@kaylal1  Instead of calling, what you could do is go on the website and select "new customer" and later you'll enter contact information associated with your prior Xfinity ID. It'll reclaim that identity so you should be able to use the same sign-in credentials as before, just on your own billing account.

I'll look into this with our dotcom team, since you're starting new services. Feel free to PM if you have any questions. 

Cheers,

Jonathan

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!