Community Forum

I Cannot sign in to HBO Max anymore because it says I am a secondary user

Highlighted
New Poster

I Cannot sign in to HBO Max anymore because it says I am a secondary user

This is extremely frustrating. I was logged out of HBO Max so when trying to log back in, whether its app or website, I choose Sign In With Provider, select Xfinity, then log in and it tells me I cannot access as a seconcdary user ID, and the primary user ID needs to fix it. Well I am the primary user and I have my xfinifty account open in another tab with the same and only username Ive ever used, and nowhere does it say anything about primary vs secondary

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: I Cannot sign in to HBO Max anymore because it says I am a secondary user

Hi there @wisnis,

We are happy to help you out, but please follow our acceptable use policy and do not cross-post

I looked up your account and there are two things to note.

1. It appears your account has been flagged as compromised, please reset your password and ask your family members to do so as well (while this does not relate to the HBO Max issue, it is a concern we'd like to address) instructions here.
  2. It appears you have two identities with your name, and the one you're signed into right now is the "Manager" (a secondary user role) and has your mobile number tied to it, the other is a "Primary" that has a different username assocaited with it. When you're signed into a secondary and you go to XFINITY | Users you'll only see your own, "Manager" with a description of what you can and can't do.
    1. It sounds like you don't know your Primary's username. Please visit www.xfinity.com/id and use the social security number option to look up your primary identity.

Start with that and let me know if you're able to sign in as the primary. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!