Community Forum

Account Activation/ No Confirmation Email for Service Order

Highlighted
New Poster

Account Activation/ No Confirmation Email for Service Order

Hello,

I recently ordered internet service for self-installation at the place I am moving to next month. However, when I finished my purchase I received no confirmation email with a receipt or anything with any information on my account or how long it will take to "set up" my account.

All my current Xfinity account says is:

"Thanks for your purchase, _ _ _ _ _!

We're getting your account set up. Check back soon to track and activate your services."

I'm also not able to change my service or view my bill or account settings without running into error messages. How long does the account setup process usually take and when will I be able to review my purchase and account settings? I just want to make sure that my order went through and is confirmed to arrive on or around when I scheduled it. 

Thank you in advance and best wishes.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Account Activation/ No Confirmation Email for Service Order

Hi there @jmb1996 , I just private messaged you. Cheers!

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem. Can I also get a dm please?
Highlighted
Official Employee

DM'ed @Drdreidel 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I also have the same problem. Can you DM me as well?? Just signed up yesterday.
Official Employee

Hi @bheidel1 

I just took a look and you seem to be up and running, your account is active, your My Account is accessable (just checked in my agent view of your account). Feel free to PM me if you're seeing otherwise. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I also have the same problem so I have no way of knowing my account number. The only thing I have received so far is my order confirmation. Can I also get help?

Highlighted
New Poster

I too ordered service online on 7/8. I have recieved no confirmation emails and have had no luck trying to contact customer service. I see they authorized my CC for $50. I also ordered expedited shipping for my self install kit. I have not recieved the self install kit or any indication that my service is active.

When I log in all I get is the "

Thanks for your purchase, Gary!

We're getting your account set up. Check back soon to track and activate your services."

Please help.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@GCOPP43 PMed!

Highlighted
New Poster

Can I get a PM about this too? I've had the same screen for months.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem here. Can I get some help?
Highlighted
Official Employee

@echo514 @Jonwhang  I've sent you PMs. 

Note: please check your messages and get back to me.

Highlighted
New Poster

I also have the same problem @ComcastJonathan . Could I get help?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastJonathan Can i get help with this as well? Signed up for service today and credit card was charged but received no confirmation email.

Highlighted
New Poster

@ComcastJonathan Please help, happened to me as well.

Highlighted
New Poster

@ComcastJonathan I’m having the same problem, can you please PM me as well?
Highlighted
New Poster

Having same issue, except I made an account yesterday. Can I also get a PM?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Everyone has been PMed, please check your inbox (mail icon next to your avatar) and in your settings, ensure you have your gmail yahoo etc email that you use the most set correctly to be notified.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem here, except I did not get a confirmation email nor is there any mention of this new plan in my account. Yet my credit card already got charged. Help! @ComcastJonathan

Highlighted
New Poster

Same issue here. Can you help me out as well?

Highlighted
Official Employee

hi @jspill248 and @cove31 , can you please PM me by clicking on my name and then "message".

When this happens please double check:

• Was your credit card actually charged, or was only a hold for a deposit placed on your card? (e.g. when you place a ride with Uber/Lyft, your credit card has a hold charge, but is not actually charged until after the ride is complete).
  • Did you check your spam folder for any emails that may have indicated whether the order didn't go through?

Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same issue, can you DM me as well?
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi I am also having this same issue. Could I get help?

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same issue with this as well. How is this resolved?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Note: This is a purchasing issue and not an account sign in or management issue.
Please use the chat function or call in to get sales support around it. Please make an individual post for your issue here 
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/bd-p/CustServ_CustServ
and we'll bring the digital Care team in to triage.