joey12volt's profile

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

Friday, July 24th, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Garage Door Notifications

not getting Chamberlin garage door alerts. Thoughts?

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

4 years ago

Agreed.  About 2 weeks ago it's stopped on all devices.. I've even gone as far as deleted my "MyQ" from my system and re-added it.  No-avail.  Glad to hear someone else is having the same issues!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I have same issue, worked fine for 6 months...until 2 weeks ago, no notifications.

Deleted and reinstalled app, deleted opener from network and re-added.
Issues on all phones.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

Glad to hear!  Let us know if any issues crop up again. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

4 years ago

Mine started working yesterday after a 2 or 3 week outage.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

Hey folks - 

I have some rules set up for my Garage Doors as well and it appears I've been having issues too recently and didn't even notice!  Thanks for posting.  Not sure if we have a few one-off issues or a larger problem that has occurred.

I know Chamberlain has been going through some back-end updates and as a result now requires some users to upgrade to a different version of their app.  I had done this several weeks ago and I'm wondering if that broke the communication between Chamberlain and Xfinity Home.

If you haven't yet updated to their new app, try doing that first (info at the link above).  Next, just for good measure, try disconnecting your Chamberlain/Liftmaster account from the Xfinity Home App.  That can be done by clicking the three dots next to your Garage Door in the app, and then choosing Disconnect This Account.  Reconnect the account by going to More --> Add a Device --> Chamberlain & Liftmaster.  Once complete, delete any old Notification Rules you had set with us, and then re-craete them. 

That might be one or two steps too many, but the process worked for me.  I have rules set for both Text Messages and X1 notifications and they're both coming through fine again.

If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll see what more I can find out!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Happening again, started yesterday.
In August when we were all having issues, I was not receiving push notifications but I enabled text notifications and they worked.

As of yesterday, NO notifications are working including X1.

Chamberlain myQ app was updated back on Nov 9th. I started having issues yesterday, on all phones in household.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

3 years ago

BigBadBere -

We would like to take a look at your account to see what might be causing the failures. If you are still haivng the issues, can you please send me a private message with your account number? 

Thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

3 years ago

Were all having issues so something larger is at fault.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

3 years ago

joey12volt -

I agree that there is something larger going on, but it does not appear to be impacting all customers.  The engineers have asked for a few additional customer examples to help investigate the root cause.

If you could PM me your account information as well, I will forward it to them.

Thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

3 years ago

Any update on this?  Still not working.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

3 years ago

We continue to actively work this issue with our engineers in partnership with Chamberlain/Liftmaster.

It appears there was a change to the way data is being received from Chamberlain for some customers, which is causing our Notification rule to fail in those cases.

Apologies for this taking so long to resolve - we do have the correct teams working on solving this though.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the update. Please tag me when there is a fix

I had gone through all the steps and nothing worked
- deleting all existing garage rules
- deleting/disconnecting the integration
- uninstalling both apps
- ensuring the latest on both apps
- reconnecting the integration
- recreating the rules

Nothing. Have done the whole process two after “we got it fixed” posts and no resolution. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

3 years ago

To those who reamin impacted -

I am so sorry this is taking as long as it is to get this resolved.  We continue to partner with Chamberlain and our engineers to get this corrected.

I have asked that this be escalated further and will update this post as soon as I have any information on an ETA to share.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

I started getting notifications today. They seem to be inconsistent (getting some, getting duplicates) and not fully fixed yet, but at least getting something

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for posting norstar! I got a bunch all at once just after 5:00pm myself.

I have checked on the ticket and it's still an open issue, but this is definitely a good sign.  I will post back once the engineers have given the "all clear" that the issue is fully resolved.

Thanks again for everyone's patience on this!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here