Community Forum

Xfinity stream videos pixelated on Chrome computer browser

New Poster

Xfinity stream videos pixelated on Chrome computer browser

I have been watching Xfinity stream videos for years on my computer with no problems, but a day or two ago, the video streams are all extremely pixelated. The live streams are fine, but all archived videos that I tried, both TV and movies suffer from extreme pixelation. I'm using the Chrome browser on my Windows 10 computer. I called Comcast customer service. They instructed me to clear the Chrome cache, browsing data, cookies, etc., no change. They had me un-install and re-install Chrome, no change. Then, they had me try Microsoft Edge and it works fine, no pixelation at all. The problem is specific to Chrome when viewing archived videos.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity stream videos pixelated on Chrome computer browser

I had same pproblem, changed to Microsoft Edge..no more issues..Thanks

Frequent Visitor

The same problem as you.  It only seems to affect Chome.  No idea why Comcast is still using flash which is on it's way out anyway and I'm tired of the cloud-based DVR having errors and not being able to display recordings every couple of weeks.

New Poster

I have the same problem, went through two hours of service on the phone, they even sent a tech out last week and when I explained the problem, he told me it was a Chrome issue as everything was working fine from Xfinity.  He agreed with me that it seems to be a Chrome/Flash issue with the latest Chrome update.  And yes, it is ridiculous that they are still using Flash for what I understand to be the Digital Rights Management.

New Poster

So glad to know it isn't just me!  Very frustrating - the audio is perfect, but the video is totally weird.  I tried it on Firefox, and doesn't work there either.  Thanks for the tip about using Edge - hopefully Chrome and Firefox will get their Flash issues solved sooner than later!