Community Forum

On Demand

Atborad
Regular Visitor

On Demand

Too many on demand shows are no longer available, or free. They seem to be leaving, some going to different streaming services, which you have to subscribe to separately just to get all the networks you paid Comcast for in the first place. I
used to be able to catch up on shows with all past seasons, with many shows on different networks, which was great. That's what I signed up for. For example the Simpsons. All 33 seasons and episodes were available, free. Also, some shows on demand only have the current season, can't even catch up on just the previous season! Or anything before! Now you can watch a couple past shows only and not even all the seasons. Now I can but I have to buy them. I already pay to watch them. The same is happening with a whole lot of other networks.. Today I have to buy the shows if I want to watch? I can’t watch most of the on demand shows I want! Unless I buy them. What is going on Comcast?? Also some shows are leaving a network, or entire network is going away and moving to different streaming services. So to watching that channel in paying Comcast for I have to subscribe and so I don’t have these channels anymore. I had 33 of one show, all seasons one day and then all of a sudden I don’t. I have to buy them! If you sign a contract for a particular a plan it's based on the channel lineup offered with all the channels you wanted, some times there are only a few packages that have your desired channels, so you have to pay even more just to get the ones you want. You should always have those channels available, unless you change your plan or your contract expires. I should not have to pay that same plan amount if shows are taken away!! With no notice!! That is breach of contract and I should be able to cancel that package if I choose. I should not be paying the same for that package and now missing channels!! I should be able to get out of that package or offered a lower payment for the package for each missing channel!!! It is not our fault if you can’t reach an agreement with the stations. Or they go to different streaming services that you now have to pay for just to have your originally promised channels and the same on demand availability. Don’t offer them in a plan if you don’t have them and expect us to pay for them and then we don’t get them anymore in the package we signed up for. Or they get removed. So now we have to still pay Comcast the same rate but also now pay extra for new streaming services to still get our networks. I now have to record every episode of shows just to make sure I can watch ones I want without now having to buy them. Unacceptable! I'm not getting all the channels on the plan I chose so I shouldn't have to still pay the same rate for a lesser package. I'm definitely not alone in this..