Community Forum

UPDATE - FIXED "We're getting your account set up."

New Poster

UPDATE - FIXED "We're getting your account set up."

I recently created an XFINITY account online, purchased an internet plan, and activated my internet service using a self-install kit. Though my internet service is working properly, when I try to login to the XFINITY website I am greeted with the same "Thanks for your purchase" web page, which has been occuring for three weeks now. This means I am unable to access my account nor see my bill. This seems to be an ongoing problem for several other customers that also can't login to their accounts or see their bills. @ComcastChe @ComcastKenF @ComcastJK @ComcastAl

I was able to fix this issue through the following steps:

1) I went to the Xfiniy login page and selected "forgot username".

2) I selected the "Confirm phone number" option. I received a text verification and confirmed the number.

3) I was then prompted to enter my physical address. After entering, the page said I hadn't made a username yet for this address, so I clicked continue.

4) After being prompted for an email address for the username, I entered the SAME email address that I used to make my original account with my internet order. When I did this, the website said "We found an account with this email, would you like to login and link these accounts?". I clicked yes and logged in with my existing account email.

5) After logging in, the account linked succesfully and redirected me to a now correctly functioning my account page, where I could see my bill, plan, etc.

TL;DR: When you order an internet plan online and make a new account at order time, the Xfinity website doesn't correctly link your physical address to your My Account at the time of order.

New Poster

Re: Stuck on "We're getting your account set up. Check back soon to track and activate your ser

I have been having the same issue for about the same amount of time. The automated chat can’t help and when I try to schedule a phone call with an agent, it gives me an error there too. Not sure what to do at this point.
New Poster

Re: Stuck on "We're getting your account set up. Check back soon to track and activate your ser

Same situation here. My account has been active for almost three weeks now and I continue to receive that message. And much like @julzfm, when I try to set up a call, it gives me an error message.

New Poster

Same problem here. Set up my account about 3 weeks ago and still says it is being set up.

New Poster

Have any of you been able to get the issue fixed? Have you had problems with your services being cut off because you haven't been able to pay the bill? I've had this issue for about three weeks now and getting worried I'll lose my services over something I can't control!

Frequent Visitor

I also have the exact same issue and have received no solution from anyone at Xfinity. I have reached out via phone, text chat, and have attempted Xfinity Assistant and callback but both give me an error.

New Poster

2) I selected the "Confirm phone number" option. I received a text verification and confirmed the number.

3) I was then prompted to enter my physical address. After entering, the page said I hadn't made a username yet for this address, so I clicked continue.

4) After being prompted for an email address for the username, I entered the SAME email address that I used to make my original account with my internet order. When I did this, the website said "We found an account with this email, would you like to login and link these accounts?". I clicked yes and logged in with my existing account email.

5) After logging in, the account linked succesfully and redirected me to a now correctly functioning my account page, where I could see my bill, plan, etc.

TL;DR: When you order an internet plan online and make a new account at order time, the Xfinity website doesn't correctly link your physical address to your My Account at the time of order.

New Poster

Thank you! I have had service for a nearly a month and haven't been able to get anywhere! Kept getting the "your account is being set up" message, chat wouldn't work and I couldn't even schedule a call back! Not off to a great start with Xfinity...

Frequent Visitor

@tradesman22 wrote:

I don't even see an option to "confirm phone number" so I'm not sure what to do. It asks me to create a new account but will not let me use the email and phone number (my ONLY number) because it's already associated with an account. There is no legitimate fix for this.