Community Forum

ANSWERED: How to Troubleshoot Your Internet Connection with the Xfinity My Account App

Having an issue with your Xfinity Internet service? Read this article to learn how you can use the Xfinity My Account app on your mobile device to troubleshoot or request a call back from a Comcast agent for further assistance.

Note: Restarting your modem can fix many common Internet-related issues.

Download the App

First, download the Xfinity My Account app (Apple/Android) and sign in using your Xfinity username and password.

Restart Your Device (Modem)

1. Select Internet from the bottom navigation bar of the app or click on your modem from the home screen.
    Bottom navigation with Internet icon is third from left. 
  2. Tap Restart this device to be taken to the modem restart page.
    Restart this device is second option from bottom. 
  3. After selecting Restart Device, you will see the following message: "We're checking your connections... Just a moment."
    Restart Device screen.
  4. Once we've sent a signal to your device, you will see the following message: "Restarting your device should take less than 10 minutes. This will not erase any of your settings or change your Wi-Fi name or password. If you have Xfinity Voice, we won't restart until all in-progress calls are finished."
    Restart Device screen. Restart Device option is at bottom. Cancel option at top right. 
  5. Select Restart Device to restart your modem.
    Restart Device screen asks if restarting modem fixed your internet. Yes and No options are at bottom. 
  6. Selecting Yes will prompt a confirmation message: "Glad to hear it all worked out!" displaying a green confirmation check-mark.

Selecting No will display the following on-screen options: Common problems & solutions, Tweet @ComcastCares or Schedule a call.
    Restart Device screen asks if you are still experiencing issues to try one of three options.

Common Problems and Solutions

Tapping Common Problems & Solutions will also allow you to see FAQs related to Xfinity Internet service.
Common problems & solutions option at bottom.
Common Problems & Solutions screen.

Data Usage Meter (Select Markets)

Your data usage summary appears under the image(s) of your device(s) on the XFINITY Internetscreen. Tap the arrow in line with a device to view its individual screen.
Data Usage Meter is a bottom.
Tap anywhere on the displayed data usage summary to view your Data Usage History.

Here's an example of the Data Usage History screen:
XFINITY Internet Data Usage screen with Data Usage History for three months

Troubleshooting - Request Assistance

If you are unable to fix the problem through the app, there are options to get a call back from a Comcast agent (to avoid being on hold) or to contact @ComcastCares on Twitter. See questions and answers about the Xfinity My Account App for more information.

You can also visit our main Internet troubleshooting article to learn how to fix common issues within the My Account website and Xfinity xFi.

Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎06-12-2019 01:52 PM
Updated by: