redtom's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

xb6 battery backup

I have been trying for over a month to order a battery backup for my Arris 3482 xb6 modem.  Three times I have been promised delivery in 2 to 5 business days with nothing happening.  Twice I have been told that the modem can't be shipped and must be installed by a technician and a service visit scheduled.  Both times just before the visit I received a phone call from the tech telling me that no such battery backup existed.  Has anyone had this backup delivered or installed recently?  I understand the current part number is Arris XBB2-4A and the cost is $165.  The discontinued XBB1 is available new on ebay for $30.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

Redtom -

I'm sorry you've had such difficulty getting the XBB24 shipped!  Have you tried calling our Battery hotline at  1-888-972-1261 ? This goes to a team who has access to place the correct order for you.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

My initial contact was with that group.  Probably should have called then with problem rather than generic customer service but customer service reps did contact battery group in trying to solve my problem.  At any rate I wrote a letter to a Comcast exec and problem was resolved in 3 days.  I was also told that the system was being corrected so that others would not have this problem.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

I’m glad the issue was resolved.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Who did you address the letter to?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The same thing happened to us. No one at Comcast seems to know how to solve our problem.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Tony G. Werner, President, Technology, Product, Xperience, Comcast Cable at thir corporate address in Philadelphia.  Obviously they haven't fixed the problem yet.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

rabjrock -

Are you saying you are having issues ordering the XBB24 battery when calling our battery hotline at 1-888-972-1261? What has been your experience so far?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here