Community Forum

What about 2-line phones

Highlighted
Contributor

What about 2-line phones

We have two phone lines coming to the house... my number and wife's number. When we re-built the house it was wired so that both lines come into each phone jack and our (cordless phones) are 2-line. We plug the cable from the jack into the phone's "Line 1/2" socket. When the phone rings we push "Line 1" or "Line 2" depending on which lights up.

It that going to work with the Arris gateway if I take the phone cable from the wall in my office and plug it into the gateway? There is no documentation I can find on how this all cobbles together on the Xfinity site.

(For my office I'll have to get a simple splitter so I can run one cable to the Arris and one to my office phone.)

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: What about 2-line phones

The phone cable to the gateway from the Jack has to split the same way as your home lines, and split to the 2 phone ports on the gateway

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: What about 2-line phones

@CCAndrew wrote:
The phone cable to the gateway from the Jack has to split the same way as your home lines, and split to the 2 phone ports on the gateway

Are you thinking about someting like this 3-way splitter where I pop this into the wall jack and take L1 to Tel-1 and L2 to Tel-2 on the Arris and plug the office phone into L1/L2? Does that sound right?

https://mailanc2.net/urls9296/1rqvo

s-l500.jpg