Groo1's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 25th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Landline

My landline is not working since new modem was set up. It’s been restarted, tested. I can’t get an agent to talk to..., help please

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’m having same problem. Can’t talk to an agent even after resetting modem twice. Been on hold for almost 2 hours. Biggest joke of a company!!!

Contributor

• 

141 Messages

4 years ago

@Groo1 wrote:
My landline is not working since new modem was set up. It’s been restarted, tested. I can’t get an agent to talk to..., help please

Here is a procedure for self activating a new voice modem:

Installation

1. Unplug your old device from the coaxial outlet and plug your new gateway into that same outlet. 
  2. Connect the power connector to the new modem and electrical outlet.
  3. Connect the phone connector (RJ11) to the new modem (TEL1 port).
  4. Wait for the modem to come online. The lights on the modem will let you know when it is online. It may take a few minutes to connect the first time.
  5. Once the modem is online, connect your computer. Do not connect router if any at this point.

Activation

Before you start, make sure your account number and telephone number are readily available. This information can be found on your monthly statement or order confirmation e-mail.

1. Open a web browser. You should automatically be directed to the XFINITY Activation page. If not, please go to www.xfinity.com/activate.
  2. Enter the account information and additional details for which you are asked via the webpage.
  3. After entering the appropriate information, activation will be complete.

If the online activation does not succeed, call customer support: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)

Or Try calling 1-855-652-3446. That is their device activation line.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Fix my landline or quit charging me for it been out 3 months

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here