sam351's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 14th, 2019 4:00 PM

Closed

Caller cannot hear me, but I can hear the caller on landline

I have a landline that rings, and is connected. when I answer it,  they cannot hear me, but I can hear them. Please advise. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue but it seems like it doesn't happen all the time.  No problem with calling out, just inbound calls.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem with me. Just incoming calls cannot hear me

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same here but this only happens when I call another Comcast user. I can call cell phones, and other land lines but Comcast users cannot hear me. I hear them fine. They can even call me and the connection is fine.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

same issue. 

this issue just happen with xfinity landline to xfinity landline calls. 

when i call the other person... the other person is unable to hear me no matter how long we wait.

when the other person calls me... the other person can hear me within ~ 5 seconds. 

i can hear the other person the whole time (including from the start of the call) no matter who calls who.

did anyone get anywhere with this issue?

this forum thread is all that i could find other than a google forum thread which appears to be focused on xfinity voice but might include xfinity voice to xfinity landline.

One specific Xfinity voice number can't hear me on any device - Google Voice Community
https://support.google.com/voice/thread/45340768?hl=en

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

My issue with not being able to hear callers was always sporadic and recently hasn't been an issue at all.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same Here -- Just started happening for me (Septemeber 2020) as I can see it has for others as well. makes me think this is definitely a Comcast/Xfinity issue (rather than a problem with the handset).

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

The problem with my phone did get fixed after a few days. Not sure whether it was something unknown on Comcast’s end that fixed it or something that I did. The last two things I did were:

1. Reset the modem (this can be done remotely via the Comcast website).

and

2. In this order: 

A. Remove batteries from handset.

B. Unplug power adapter from base phone from slot on back of the base.

C. Remove phone line from back of base.

D. Leave everything disconnected for a few minutes.

E. Plug the phone line back in, and then plug the power adapter back in to the base.

F. Put the batteries back into the handset.

Good luck! Hope this works for you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue. Has anyone found a solution?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Has this been resolved yet? I have the same issue. Even bought new phones.... same issue

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

No. Previous person mentioned a number of steps. None of them make sense except for resetting the modem. I did that... no change. Also we tried a different phone and phone line. We contacted Comcast... the rep said we'd have to get a tech to come out which costs $. Our other services are fine (250 channels and 350Mbps).
I'm willing to bet that a lot of people are having this issue.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here, been going on since September. Any resolution yet?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

having the same issue.   this is an intermitten problem.  I had comcast out 2x and they said the voice service was working.... but the problem continues.    This post has over 2200 views.   comcast needs to comment and help all of us.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

same problem.  Xfinity landline to another xfinity landline on an outgoing call. They cannot hear me. Incoming calls are fine. Calls to other than xfinity landlines are fine as well.

Spent 3 hours last night on xfinity tech support chat. Had three different agents. Each time they remotely reset the modem, i had to start the chat over. No help

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

We had a Comcast tech come out Thursday (2 days ago).
In short what made the difference for us was replacing the (internet and phone) modem.
After he replaced our modem with the Comcast modem then on both incoming and outgoing phone calls with other Comcast landlines we were able to hear one another right-away. Prior to replacing the modem, we verified that other Comcast callers could not hear us when they called our house landline.

I have a Netgear modem that is less than 2 years old (1 year warranty). It worked well with internet and phone for those 2 years. The Comcast tech reprovisioned and rebuilt the phone number on the 2nd line of the modem but no change in result.
He also tried another coax cable line (in part because there was interference which I believe he removed), another phone, and another phone-line direct to the modem but no change in result.
I plan to switch back to the Netgear modem but if the phone issue returns then I'll purchase another modem.

Considering how many people have reported this issue in the past couple of months, I can't help to wonder if there was an update applied to either Netgear modems or to the Comcast network to cause this issue.
When people respond please include the modem brand. Perhaps there is a pattern.

The Comcast tech did a great job.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

I am also using a Netgear  modem which is about 2 years old. The model number is cm500 V. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here