zep33's profile

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 2:00 AM

Closed

All incoming calls being rejected

Hello

Got a text from a friend on my cell phone last night that he tried calling my home phone and it rejected him. I didn't have him blocked so I tried calling on my own cell phone - Same thing "call rejected" message after 1 ring. Had another friend call - Same thing. Got into a chat with support who reset modem, had me check a couple things including completely turning off call screening and then he tried calling me. Same thing - Call rejected.

He's now escalated the issue but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I rarely use my landline any more but if I'm paying for it, I'd kinda like it to work.

And yes, I can call out no problem - just all incoming calls are getting rejected.

It was working fine as recently as this past Friday as I was left a voicemail then

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing is happening to my landline. Must be a Comcast issue.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Well, after a lot of searching around on my comcast account, I found that some scammer got into my account and put a call forwarding number in, so all our home calls were going to some unknown number. I deleted the number on my call forwards, and then blocked the number., and of course changed the password on my account.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same problem and my call forwarding is off.  Maybe Comcast can sell this feature to avoid Robocalls.

Anyway I can't get through to Comcast service....long wait times and then on hold for >60 minutes. Time to look for other provider.

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast changed some setting when I opened the case. Level 2 left me a message but didn't tell me what it was.

Everything working now

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here