Silver_Surfer's profile

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

Sunday, May 24th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

NOMOROBO number of rings

When NOMOROBO blocks a call my phone rings four times instead of just one.  How can this be corrected?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

4 years ago

There is no control on the user side (that I can find) that sets the number of rings, it's just however long it takes NOMOROBOs servers to kick in.

Have you contacted the good folks at NOMOROBO about this?

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

Quite some time ago, the NOMOROBO folks said that they did not have an answer for my number of rings issue.  Perhaps I should reach out to them again.

My daughter had NOMOROBO on her Comcast land line, and her phone rang only one time when a call was interecpted.

I've wondered if the issue has to do with my Motorola phones.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, mine only rings once as well.

Don't know why it would mattter what kind of phone you have, since both your phone and the phone/server at NOMOROBO should be ringing simultaneously, if Comcast's 'call forwarding' is working correctly.

Weird...

Please do come back with the answer if you ever get one, I'd really like to know what's happening.

Good luck.

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll look into them.

As for voice mail, I had Comcast disable that service quite some time ago because some of the robocallers were leaving voice mail messages.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

4 years ago

After thinking about it some more I'm wondering if your Nomorobo service is really set up right. The four rings thing sounds like the default value for the number of rings before Comcast's voice mail system picks up. Are you sure that it's really Nomorobo that's picking up after 4 rings, or could the calls just be going to voice mail?

Also, maybe double check your Call Forwarding setup page to make sure Nomorobo's number is on the list and enabled (box has a check mark in it).

You've probably already checked these things and ruled them out, but I thought I'd mention them just in  case.

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

Call forwarding does have NOMOROBO enabled along with the home phone number.  Both of them are set for 9 rings.

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

OK.  Thanks for your interst in my problem.  I've reached out to NOMOROBO for assistance.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

4 years ago

Well, it was worth a shot.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Good luck.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here