Community Forum

Home calls ringing on mobile phone

Highlighted
New Poster

Home calls ringing on mobile phone

I am a Comcast/xfinity Triple-Play customer.......TV/Internet/Phone.  My mobile phone account is with AT&T.  Whenever I receive an incoming call on my home LAN line, my cell phone also rings.  The call is not being forwarded.......it is just ringing on both lines.  Why?  How do I eliminate this?  The only way I have been able to stop this is to delete the xfinity connect app from my cell phone.  Thanks.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Home calls ringing on mobile phone

I spent 3 hours with calls to Agents 4th of July Weekend. One agent  wanted my password to go into my account and fix it, I said no of course , walk my through I said. Finally he got it shut off. I like both phones ringing but I could not call home phone it went right to voicemail. So problem was sloved. Now I will set it back up again. Very convenient when waiting for an Important Call. 

7/9/20

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Actually, simultaneous ring is supposed to allow you to call your home phone from the mobile phone you forward your home phone calls to.  It used to work like that.  Now, I have the same problem as you.  I've called Xfinity, who admit that I should not need to turn off call forwarding, but have no clue what to do.  Please be persistant. The more people complain, the more likely they will fix the problem and we can all enjoy the benifits of simultaneous ring. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Typical Comcast.  Unable to address problems with their services.  My days as an xfinity/Comcast customer are close to an end.  Inferior service and an overpriced product.  Great combo!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've had a similar problem that started about 6/28/20. Both my husband and I have our Xfinity home phone set to ring simultaneously on our T-Mobile cell phones (iphone & Samsung S8). Worked well for years!!! Now, suddenly, we can't call our Xfinity home phone from our cell phones, when we have them set for simultaneous ring. What is especially bizarre is that the home phone rings once and then stops ringing. Then we get a prompt for RETRIEVING messages ON MY CELL PHONE voice mail!! I spent hours with Xfinity. They say the problem is not on their end and just deleted the call forwarding to our cell phones as the solution. 

I've spent hours on the phone with T-Mobile. Same outcome!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Questions...

• What cell phone carrier do you have?  Is it T-Mobile?
  • What happens when you call from your cell phone to your home phone, when simultaneous ring is selected for your cell phone?

--Cruizer Diana

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The problem only happens witness I call from my mobile number. If I activate simultaneous call forwarding to my wife’s mobile number and she calls the home number, all goes well. I have Verizon . This is NOT Verizon’s problem. It’ s xfinity’s service and their problem when things go wrong with it. Don’t let them off the hook
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have Verizon
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I cannot select simultaneous ring for my cell. I can add that the same problem occurs when I call using xfinity connect app, but that may be normal
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Simultaneous ring used to work just fine until at least a couple of weeks ago
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Fixed the problem. Not sure why the problem arose without me changing anything, but the fix is to make sure you have voice to go enabled. Then, at the xfinity website on your computer, go to your call forwarding settings and place a check mark on xfinity connect mobile app, your home phone, and any number you want your calls forwarded to. You CANNOT do this from your xfinity connect app AFAIK. You must use the xfinity website. I have no idea why my wife doesn’t have to do all that when she uses advanced call forwarding, but anything that works is a victory.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info. This is weird, since something must have cleared the data/phone number in either voice2go or call forwarding--for both of our cell phones.

I went to voice2go and added the alternate account (available in the drop down menu), along with a phone number that was offered in a drop down menu. I assume that is what I have to do. It will take 48 hours to get the number assigned to me. Do I then put the voice2go number into the call forwarding  slot--instead of my cell number? 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Fixed the problem. Not sure why the problem arose without me changing anything, but the fix is to make sure you have voice to go enabled. Then, set calls to your home number to be forwarded to voice to go AND to your hom. I have no idea why my wife doesn’t have to do that when she uses advanced call forwarding, but anything that works is a victory.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I only have one xfinity account. My home phone xfinity, my cell is Verizon. I’m not sure how you would set up call forwarding for two accounts. If you want each to ring the other, then I guess you set up both accounts correspondingly if want calls to either to ring both. A bit more complex than my setup, however, so I can’t say what will happen.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Now I'm confused!

Voice2Go was always active, from what I could see. After reading all of the FAQs I was under the impression that I had to have a "Voice2Go" number assigned to receive voice forwarding from the Xfinity home phone to the cell phone. I didn't have any numbers assigned on Voice2Go, except the Xfinity home phone number. So, I added one that was offered by the website tool. Did I not need the extra number if I don't use Voice2Go to make calls through Xfinity?

What numbers do you have listed under Call Forwarding/Advanced Call Forwarding? I have my Xfinity home phone #, "Xfinity Connect Mobile App" (same as my Xfinity home number--entered automatically by the Xfinity website), NOMOROBO, and then the two cell numbers we want to ring when we get a call to our Xfinity home phone #. I don't think this info has change in a couple years, but maybe I need something else?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Problem solved! Voice2Go suggestion did work.

I had already unchecked my husband's cell number from "Simultaneous Ring." I was sure that Voice2Go was "active," but went into that feature and clicked around, eventually "adding" a Voice2Go phone number.  Later that day, my husband told me that even with his cell phone "unchecked" in "Simultaneous Ring,"  he was able to call the Xfinity home phone and also receive incoming Xfinity home phone calls.

Then, I unchecked my cell phone on Simultaneous Ring and now I get the home incoming calls and can call home from my cell phone. 

Now I wonder how one would disable simultaneous ring on the cell phones, since they are currently unchecked..... I guess I'll wait to cross that bridge when I come to it.

--Diana

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I spoke to soon. The problem returned.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same problem which started on June 26.  After multiple conversations with many agents for several hours I was told that is the way  it is supposed to work.  So now I can't call home from my cell phone when Advanced Call forwarding is enabled.  When I try to call home it rings once and goes to my cell phone voicemail asking for password...same as if I dialed my own number on the cell phone to check my voicemail.  It is a mystery how it worked well for years and suddenly stopped.    I'll try the voice2go setup and see what happens.

Highlighted
New Poster

I've called comcast two times re this issue.  The first call was a waste of time.  My neighbor's dog knew more than the rep I spoke to.  The second time I actually was transferred to next level......what ever that is.  Clueless.  Had absolutely no idea what to try.  It is remarkable to me that a communications company the size of Comcast/xfinity cannot answere questions about its own services.  And they want me to transfer my home security to them!  I won't be able to get out of my own house.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I finally spoke to someone at advanced service who seemed to know something. He said that xfinity made a network-wide change that removed the ability to call your home phone from the number to which the home phone forwards the call. He wasn’t sure why the change was made. Possibly because they could not understand why anyone would call their home phone from their mobile phone. He said that several others had complained since the change was made and that he would bring up the matter at the next meeting. So, keep letting xfinity know you are unhappy and maybe we will see an improvement eventually.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What you say about making the change makes some sense. This change occurred when there were nationwide outages--two or three days in my neighborhood. My guess is that that change affected the entire system as a result. They are "full of it." Why would you have long-term forwarding to a number you never use to call home?? You could just set the number of rings to one or set it to a simple "ping" if you didn't want all calls to ring. Unelss there is a serious logistical problem, they are brain-dead!!

Also, I spent a year trying to fix the text messaging problem on my Xfinity phone. At the end of that year, Xfinity discontinued that feature "because their customers didn't want messaging going to their phone. "  There wasn't a "work-around"?

Whatever the reason, it appears to be on purpose and it really aggravates me!!! 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

One possible work-around, which is annoying, is to go to the Xfinity Connect on your cell phone. From the "menu" (three lines--on the top left on my S8), select Settings, Call Preferences/Call Forwarding, deselect your cell number. Make the call. Repeat process to turn forwarding back on. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Edelbeb, I wonder if it would help if those with Twitter accounts complained on Twitter. That might get them to reconsider. I doubt anything less would be effective.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Useful if you remember to do that before entering your call and using hands-free dialing. That is, not very useful.
Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue, but I can call my home number from my cell phone and viceversa. the only value i can see is I don't have to set call forwarding.

Highlighted
New Poster

My simultaneous ring feature started to work correctly yesterday.  I am now able to call home from the cell phones that are set for advanced call forwarding.  Since June 26 the cell phone would go directly to voice mail when I tried to call the main home number.  Now it works the way it did before.  I don't know why this happened but I hope it continues to work.

Highlighted
Contributor

This feature worked great for a long time.  Recently we have been having all sorts of issues including all incoming calls ringing once on the land line and then forwarding to the cell phone set as the simultaneous ring.  Issues seem to come an go.  A possible solution seems to work if you use the xifinity connect app.   In the advanced call settings menu there is a selection "xfinity connect mobile app" listed with the home phone number listed next to it.   I checked that box and deleted my cell phone number from the list.  When a call comes into the land line it rings on my cell phone via the xfinity connect app and clearly shows that it is a call coming into the land line.  The only downside to this might be that it will use your cell data if you answer the call since it is not on the cell phone voice call network.  Please give some feedback if you try this.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes!! Mine’s working correctly again. Knowing xfinity, however, they will probably “fix” it later so it works incorrectly.
Highlighted
Contributor

Mine is working now with the simultaneous cell phone ring as it did before.  Hopefully incoming calls go through ok.  So far so good.  Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Highlighted
New Poster

This may help some with this issue. I left Xfinity's Triple play to investigate some of the streaming technology. I experienced some good and some bad. In the one month I was gone Xfinity caught up to their streaming technology. I decided to come back to their Triple Play.  After a couple of weeks with issue I decided to call Tech Support. Discussing my issue with Tech Support I was escalated to a higher level of support. Damien tried a couple of things without success. I explained to him about leaving and coming back to Triple Play. At this point he knew what to do. He deleted my phone account which cleaned everything out and reinstalled my phone account. That did the trick. We tested everything and now my cell phone does not ring when my home rings. I can activate call forwarding via *72 and releasing it Via *73. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the opposite problem. When my cell phone rings, it causes my xfinity home phone to ring...and it rings with my cell phone's ring tone. So weird.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same problem, but when I got to Level 3 I was told they know about this problem.  They are trying to figure out what was changed this spring that caused the problem.  Several months later still have the problem.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sorry.  It still doesn't work.

Highlighted
New Poster

I've always wanted abd loved that my landlord calls also shuw in my cell. However now I cant home either....goes directly to VM? Why now, and no one can figure it out, help!! I'm sick of calling
Highlighted
New Poster

Finally, I hope, after spending hours over many days on the phone with Xfinity, my simultaneous ring issue (fingers crossed) has been solved.  Issue was twice before escalated to agents who were unable to take care of the problem, and who just kept telling me it should not be happening since advanced call forwarding was turned off.  Today the agent I reached was very upfront and honest in stating that this is an ongoing issue and can only be solved through an update to my modem which can only be done through an upper level representative. For all the $$ we all pay Xfinity/Comcast each month they should be able to resolve what seems to be a significant issue and to inform all of their customer service staff about it and what is needed to get it resolved when a customer calls.  Ignorance is not bliss, not when customers are upset, unhappy and ready to cancel their services. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Did you happen to get the name of the rep who knew how to fix this issue?  You can bet your rear-end no one will know what you are talking about if you call re this problem.  They'll just tell you what a "valued customer" you are and tell you to unplug your modem.   

Highlighted
New Poster

Totally agree with you. I have the same issue and used their troubleshooting help link also useless waste of time. Will attempt to call the tech support next, crossing my fingers!

Highlighted
New Poster

Same thing is happening to me but it’s still ringing my mobile even after I deleted the Connect App. Frustrating.