JRB42's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 29th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Caller ID not working

Since Comcast eliminated text messaging the caller ID on our phones has stoped working. ( shows out of area private caller on all incoming calls ) Has anyone else had this problem? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same here...  I'm not referring to Mobile, it is the Xfinity Voice service for home landlines.

Without the Caller ID, my Anti-SPAM filters cannot function.

@Comcast -- when will this be fixed?

@XfinityX1-- ditto

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue. Incoming calls show up as Out of Area Private Caller in Caller ID and when I answer it goes directly to Voice Mail 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having same issues the called ID on landline always shows PRIVATE CALLER/ OUT OF AREA

and Called ID on TV also dones not work

I have called comcast several times I even havea service ticket number and no answers ! 

The test they send shows there number on my TV when they do it however no other calls ...

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same here.  I got a new gateway/modem.  Internet was easy to convert. Very satisfied with the increase in bandwidth. Then it came to re-establishing my landline. Initially it took 2 calls and 12 hours to restore phone service.  Another 2 calls and 3 days to restore voicemail.  Every time, I also mentioned that caller ID no longer worked.  It worked fine with the old equipment, but not the new.  I used phone app, which is a joke, considering sometimes the support person just goes away, other times they promise a call back from level 2 that never comes.  Then I visited a store.  The person that waited on me said that all I had to do was to take one of my landline phones, dial *08, and everything would work, he said, and I quote, "I guarantee it".  Nope, didn't work.  Dialed *08.  DIdn't work.  Reset the gateway, then dialed *08.  Nope.  I have to say in this day and age of so many junk calls, I really miss not being able to screen them.  Clearly xfinity doesn't care much about people's landlines.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here