wingclip's profile

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Advanced Call Forwarding won't open!

I'm trying to set the number of rings before the voicemail picks up and for an hour all I keep getting is:

"Sorry,

Unable to process your request. Please try again."

I tried everything including resetting my PIN. I only have one phone, (a corless home phone). No cell, and no other communication devices. I switched the base unit's phone line to the other telephone jack, tried again, and then put it back where it was. 

I just keep getting the same "Sorry..." message.

Rich

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

I'll keep an eye out for you. If you hear something from them and they tell you how to fix it, please post the results.

Thanks,

Rich

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have exactly the same issue.  No help so far from comcast.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Get the Xfinity Connect app for your phone, and you should be able to change it there.

After that, the website will usually work.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

I don't own a cellphone. I have a cordless landline, (Panasonic).

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue with my landline. I have it set to ring 7 times before voicemail picks up because I have problems walking and can never get to the phone fast enough. But it picks up after 3 rings! Trying to get human help seems impossible. Have you found a solution yet?

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

It was never easy getting good customer service in the past ... it's even worse now. I had it set to more rings at one point, and it was working. Then for some reason it stopped.

I'm going to try and get some help ... will post here if I learn anything.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

No. I was never able to change the number of rings... I just keep getting the same message when I try. The Comcast support line runs me through a barrage of ads and prompts and then finally asks what I want. However, it never seems to understand and after 10 minutes of listening to a computer answering service rattle on about how important I am to it and Comcast, I'm so agrevated that I have to struggle to maintain my composure if I do get a real person on the line.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for posting that, I'm sure it'll help a lot of people. Unfortunately, it won't help me because I don't own a cellphone. I have only one phone and it's  a landline,  cordless Panasonic.

Rich

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had this same issue and after talking to Comcast stepped away for a bit to read these forums to see if there was another approach. The Xfinity help kept re-directing me to the information that Xfinity publishes online, but I had already read that to no avail. The support person was really trying hard though, so in honor of good support, I'm writing down what I learned.

1. If you have more than one user on the account, make sure you are logged into Xfinity from the Primary account ID. This would usually be the person who set up the account and authorizes services and plan changes.

2. I have a mobile phone, so downloaded the Xfinity Connect app, and logged in as Primary ID. This is not the same App that you use to check your account bills; on my phone, that App is just called Xfinity. You want Xfinity Connect.

3. Once logged in to Xfinity Connect App on your smart phone, click on the 3 lines (main menu) to get to options on the left, which are Email, Voice, Contacts, Settings, Dialer. Click on Settings.

4. Click on "Call Preferences" then click "Call Forwarding"

5. If you see a button to turn on Advanced Call forwarding, click that and follow the prompts. 

6. If you didn't already set up a NOMOROBO account, you will be asked to as part of the process. Read this article, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo, because it does work if the steps 1-5 worked. Because I had started the process by using my home phone number with an incorrect account, I had to have NOMOROBO call my phone, give me a code, and I had to type that code into my NOMOROBO app in order to re-assign my home phone to the correct account. This was all done by following the menu prompts.

7. Once NOMOROBO recognizes your home phone correctly, you'll see your home phone number and the NOMOROBO phone number that was given to you as part of the setup process listed in the Call Forwarding / Advanced Call Forwarding list of numbers, and there will be an "On" next to each number.

8. In the same menu, both phone numbers should have the same number of rings assigned to them. Click the phone number and check, and if they don't match, edit each one to the same number and save it.

And that's it. I took the long way around but once I had it turned on correctly in the Xfinity Connect App, I could see the same information in the Web Browswer Xfinity menus under Xfinity Connect/Phone icon/Voice/Settings (gear on far right top of screen).

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

Hi Rich,

Like you, I have a cordless Panasonic phone. I said I'd come back if I figured out the problem. Well, all I did was go to my account settings, and "reset" my preferences (which I had already set in the first place), and that took care of the problem. Now, once again, my phone rings the number of times I want it to before messaging kicks in. So who knows ... maybe preferences have to be reset every year, which seems pointless. But it worked.

Maybe try and see if that works for you. You have to actually "delete" and then reenter your preferences. Hope it works for you.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Thank You! I'm going to try that ASAP. However, after you reset the preferences, ddid you try to go and set an actual, specific number of rings? It sounds like you just let it switch to the 'default' number of rings before picking up. Like I said, I'm going top give it a try as soon as I catch up on some present tasks I'm working on.

I appreciate the upddate!

Rich

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

I used to have it set at seven rings, but I changed it to nine rings ... I'm recovering from knee surgery now and I need all the time I can get. Maybe changing the number is what fixed it, silly as that may be.

ETA: I don't know what the default is, or if there is one. That shouldn't make any difference.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here