david24153's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 20th, 2018 7:00 AM

Closed

Why do I not have access privileges to the community forum?

I pay well over $200 a month to xfinity. Why am I denied access to the community forum?

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@david24153 wrote:

I pay well over $200 a month to xfinity. Why am I denied access to the community forum?

@david24153,

Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. Since you were able to post your question here in the forum, you do indeed have access to the community forum. 

Is there a reason why you believe you do not have access? Is there a feature that you are looking for that is not there? 

We are happy to help and answer any of your questions, please let us know about what specifically you are concerned about not having access to in the Xfinity Forum.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

What is being denied?  It looks like you have access here.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I originally posted this after trying to sign on for the first time. I received a large red notification that said I did not have access rights. I figured out I did have access when it allowed me to post this. Xfinity must have a glitch for this to occur...allowing access but saying you don’t have it. My biggest issue is the inability to block phone calls in a significant way. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'll tell you why people say this, JoeV (another customer.)  Because when we get a Community Alert in our Comcast email inbox (from Comcast/Xfinity) that someone has replied to our question about Xfinity and click on the link, we get a message on the XFINITY website that says ACCESS DENIED

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

You can find another route to get in....googling specific Xfinity problems - but you cannot get in using the link   SENT BY XFINITY.  It says ACCESS DENIED.   That's why, Joe. 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

5 years ago

@utraquist wrote:

I'll tell you why people say this, JoeV (another customer.)  Because when we get a Community Alert in our Comcast email inbox (from Comcast/Xfinity) that someone has replied to our question about Xfinity and click on the link, we get a message on the XFINITY website that says ACCESS DENIED

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

You can find another route to get in....googling specific Xfinity problems - but you cannot get in using the link   SENT BY XFINITY.  It says ACCESS DENIED.   That's why, Joe. 

What's happening is this:

When you make a post in the forums, or start a new thread, you're automatically subscribed to that thread.  Every time someone makes a post you get a notification, and that includes posts that are removed because we leave some kind of notification as to why that post was removed.  When a post is removed because of a guideline violation it is moved to a "secure hidden" area of the forums out of sight of the general population.  That area is accessible only to employees and the Volunteer Experts.  When a reason is left behind it triggers the same notification with a link to the spot in the thread where the post had been, but you also get a notification that it had been removed to that area you aren't able to access.

Sometimes the posts that have been removed are returned to the thread after they have been scrubbed of their violation.

There is nothing mysterious here.  It's the way the forum software was designed.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

I wasn't asking why...just having the OP clarify what their problem was (almost a year ago).  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here