Community Forum

Cannot log in with my usual ID

Welcome to our Comcast Help & Support Forums

FAQ

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Cannot log in with my usual ID

Today when tried to log in to the Forums with my usual "BruceW" ID, I was prompted for a password. But that ID never had a password except the one for the associated @Comcast.net login, and that password doesn't work.

And using the Forum "Forgot Password" link to set a new password doesn't work either. I click the "reset password" link in the received email, enter "New password" and "Confirm New password" into the form, and when I click Submit , the page just loops back to https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/resetpasswordpage.

Can someone tell me what I need to do get access to my "BruceW" ID again please?

New Poster

Re: Cannot log in with my usual ID

Same with myself happened in the 30 minutes or so
Gold Problem Solver

@bruce_w wrote: ... when tried to log in to the Forums with my usual "BruceW" ID, I was prompted for a password. ...

Seems to be working again, thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

It seems as if there was a glitch in the login servers. If you tried the Sign In prompt, you got something about trying to log into SSO with a username/password. That sounds like a misconfiguration somewhere.

Expert

@andyross wrote:

It seems as if there was a glitch in the login servers. If you tried the Sign In prompt, you got something about trying to log into SSO with a username/password. That sounds like a misconfiguration somewhere.

There was a problem on 9/19/19. It covered most of the country. "Lithium" who created the forum programing (coding) fixed the error in coding about 3 or 4 hours later.

Your original ID and password will still work now.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!