Saturday, May 2nd, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

unable to send email from windows live

Can anything be done about this issue?

I get this error message:

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'Re: 131787-CN -Vehicle Dispatched'
Server Error: 421
Server Response: 421 resomta-ch2-09v.sys.comcast.net resomta-ch2-09v.sys.comcast.net CSI IP 212.102.44.72 is not permitted to send messages. Please contact support if you feel this is in error.
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@pmswede wrote:

Yes, from my comcast.net account using WLM. "...authentication" box is checked.

I don't know my password and haven't been able to find a link to change it.

Did you have to sign in here so you could post?  If so, you had to input your password.  It's most likely the same password for your email, whether for webmail or for your WLM.

FWIW, WLM hasn't been updated in years and is no longer supported by Microsoft.  You're better off using a different email client or sticking with webmail.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

4 years ago

@pmswede wrote:

Server Response: 421 resomta-ch2-09v.sys.comcast.net resomta-ch2-09v.sys.comcast.net CSI IP 212.102.44.72 is not permitted to send messages. Please contact support if you feel this is in error.

Can you elaborate, are you trying to send email from your @comcast.net email address using windows live mail client on your PC?  Make sure when you are sending the message, the "from" address is your comcast.net one and not some other one (you may have a second account configured as "send from by default).

Also make sure "my outgoing server requires authentication" is selected, and your username and password are correct.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Can you elaborate, are you trying to send email from your @comcast.net email address using windows live mail client on your PC? Make sure when you are sending the message, the "from" address is your comcast.net one and not some other one (you may have a second account configured as "send from by default).

Also make sure "my outgoing server requires authentication" is selected, and your username and password are correct.

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

4 years ago

Looks like your IP is being blocked.  Are you accessing from comcast or another ISP?

I would reach out to @ComcastCSAEmail or @CCAntiSpam to see if they can fix it for you.

You could also try getting a new IP address by cloning a mac address in your router, but not all routers support that.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I can send from the Xfinity (Comcast) site, but not from Windows Live Mail. Thanks for the tips, I'll try them out. Or, I'll just stop using email. It takes too much time and energy to work with technology that doesn't work reliably, which is all of it, pretty much.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. I'd be happy to get rid of WLM, but haven't found a way to export evberything in WLM to a new mail client.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@pmswede wrote:

Thanks. I'd be happy to get rid of WLM, but haven't found a way to export evberything in WLM to a new mail client.

You can keep WLM - there really isn't a way to migrate your emails from it - and just remove your info so it won't connect to the server.  Install whatever email client you want and use that.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I don't understand that. How does it work for me to delete my info from WLM and keep using it, but install another mail program. I'm not well versed in these matters and that doesn't make any sense to me. Can you explain in more detail please?

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

4 years ago

@pmswede wrote:

Wouldn't I have to switch beteween the two programs in order to refer to past emails and to get to my contact list?

I would get your email working first before trying to move to a different client, doesn't seem like WLM isn't the issue, your IP seems to be blocked.  

Then once that is done, there is probably a way to migrate your stuff over to a new email client but not sure as I haven't used WLM.  Someone else may be able to help with that.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Wouldn't I have to switch beteween the two programs in order to refer to past emails and to get to my contact list?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

That's what I've been trying, to get the email working again. That's a problem then. My IP is blocked? What in the world do I do about that, who do I ask, who can unblock it, where is it, how do I change the IP, why is it blocked, etc, etc?

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

4 years ago

I already answered that above.  Have you tried re-entering your user name and password (the same ones you use to log into your acccount and probably this forum) into WLM just to make sure it is not related to that?  If you've tried that then follow my other suggestions regarding getting a new IP or contacting the two comcast employees I referenced.

@pmswede wrote:

That's what I've been trying, to get the email working again. That's a problem then. My IP is blocked? What in the world do I do about that, who do I ask, who can unblock it, where is it, how do I change the IP, why is it blocked, etc, etc?

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

4 years ago

@pmswede wrote:

Just had a look at this.  Emails can be exported to Outlook (WLM calls it Microsoft Exchange) but you must have outlook installed on the same computer as WLM, not sure if you have that.  Contacts can be exported to a .CSV file which Outlook can import.  

Otherwise

If your WLM is set up to use IMAP connection to comcast, then in reality all your emails should be still on the comcast servers, unless you've specifically moved some off into the local "Storage Folders" (if you have, move them back into online folders to re-synch them).  You can verify this by looking through connect.xfinity.com to see if all your email is in there or not.  If so, then you can use whatever email client you want, it will synchronize those emails to the new client.  Contacts won't synch, you may have to re-enter them or pick a client that will import the .csv or .vcf files. 

If you are using POP (and it isn't set to leave messages on the server) then this won't work for you as none of your emails will still be on the server.  However there is a process to convert from POP to IMAP and re-upload all your messages to the comcast server (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/pop-imap-windows-live-mail) after which point you can then move to any email client you wish, set it up as IMAP, and it will synch all your messages (everything except contacts and calendar).

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@pmswede wrote:

Try disabling your VPN. The error suggests you are connecting under 212.102.44.72. Which appears to be in the RIPE network originating from the UK. If you are currently in the UK, you will want to have the IP owner fill out this form as its not a Comcast blacklist:
https://csi.cloudmark.com/en/reset/

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here