Community Forum

long running script

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: long running script

I agree with you 100%

This system costs you more and gives you less.

Highlighted
New Poster

Perhaps Comcast will start listening and resolve the problem. I have been with Comcast for 20 years. I am also a reasonable person. I give them time to fix it.

But they have known of this problem way before last year, so what have they been doing for year?

With the money, we pay them we deserve results and money back for not receiving excellent service.

I am only one person, so they could say big deal let him go somewhere else.

Highlighted
New Poster

It's frustrating to have my mailbox stop running and display "xfinity.com is not responding due to a long running script". It seems as if this happens every few minutes. It takes so long to get anything done!

Highlighted
New Poster

how do i get rid off and stop it

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Comcast_CC_XC 

Getting really tired of the email freezing up all the time.  How much longer is the fix for this problem going to take? 

Highlighted
New Poster

WHEN I USE GOOGLE - THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED - HMMMMM!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just a prompt that 8 days ago (1/21/2020) Comcast accepted responsibility for this promblem.  Have not yet heard how much progress has been made.

Highlighted
New Poster

While Comcast is working on the problem, I have had no issues so far since switching to Firefox.  It seems like an endless list of computers issues since the Whiz Kids at Microsoft felt the need to go to Windows 10. With all these incompatability issues  between various company's products constantly popping up, I am scared to death of the first time I notice a computer driven, unmanned vehicle beside me on the road. "So sorry sir, our XYZ braking software does not seem to function correctly 100% of the time when used in you particular brand of vehicle."

Highlighted
New Poster

Same pproblem for me.  It is very frustrating. Does Comcast ever intend to address this on-going problem?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

For the longest time, Comcast has said this was not their problem.  Usually they blamed it on Microsoft.  Just recently they have taken responsibility for the problem and have pledged to fix it.  It's been 9 days since we have heard anything.

Highlighted
New Poster

New month.  Ongoing problem for many months.  Dumped Crome--terrible.  Back on Edge.  Lots of frustration out there.!  Hope the problem can be fixed soon.  Good luck to Xfinity!  Funny how there are several of us in the Community with the WoeIsMe handle.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm paying a lot money for Xfinity email and the "long running script" error notice has made it nearly impossible to read and answer my emails.  Can I get a credit on my account until the problem is solved?

Highlighted
New Poster

I doubt Xfinity will ever reimburse us. Although they have admitted fault. I am having no problems with Google Chrome. It's saved my sanity:-)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Comcast_CC_XC 

@ComcastMorgan 

Please update this thread.

4+ months of issues, nothing from Comcast on how to assist their customers. 

What good is GIG speed, Xfi, or anything else when we can't even read our emails.

Highlighted
New Poster

For what it is worth, I have had no Comcast issues since I switched to Firefox from Edge. If you can't break through you have to work around.

Highlighted
New Poster

When I am typing an email, this comes up: X finity has stopped due to a long running script.  What is this and how do I fix it?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Having same problem.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Using chrome and still having long running script problem

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It's been 27 more days since Comcast said this problem was on their end.  I was having two problems. One with Outlook (my preferred mail program) not being able to send emails and the second with long running scripts after I had switched to the Comcast mail program (no matter what browser I used).  I kept switching the programs up and finally ended back using Outlook 16 with Edge as a browser.  Cross my fingers, but I don't seem to be having any problems with it.  I hold my breath everytime I hit the send button, but it's been working fine for several weeks.  From the amount of posts that are still appearing in this thread, I'm assuming that the Comcast mail program is still having problems?  I know I was never able to get it to work without long running script messages or funny delays in the keystrokes. (PS After many long calls, they admitted to me on the phone that the problem with Outlook looked to be with their outgoing server.)  Keep calling them about the long running script error and escalate up! 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It is so disturbing to me to see the # of comcast/xfinity customers whho are having this problem w/o resolution by the company.  Comcast has a monopoly in my area so I and other area residents are paying for this poor service.  I encourage everyone who has this problem to file a complaint w/ the FCC, as I did.  You can do it online and if enough of you do it, comcast will have to pay attention and solve this problem. The FCC takes this kind of compIaints very seriously.  Do this so comcast has to deal with multiple FCC inquiries and the problem might be resolved finally. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Comcast_CC_XC 

@ComcastMorgan 

“The fix for long running script is in the works and currently in development phase.  I can update you once the fix is validated and available in production.  Sorry for the delay in response on this.”

30 days since this was posted.

Where’s the fix? What’s the status of the fix? 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the help.   still having problems.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have been dealing with the long running script problem with Comcast for the last 2 months. Although I am a 20 year+ Comcast customer for TV, phone and internet, I am running out of patience with the constant interuption in email with the long running script message. Since I have fiber cable installed in my home, I will only wait a few more weeks for Comcast to rectify this problem before I convert to FIOS at a lower introductory rate.

Highlighted
Official Employee

This is a known issue and the problem has been identified. The problem we are discussing here only impacts IE/Edge under specific scenarios.  Note, outside of this there are still some on-off cases where a browser plugin doesn't interact well that may cause similar behavior. 

This is not a trivial fix therefore it is taking a while to rectify.  On top of that because it is a significant change to the core of the product we are doing extensive testing. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully, we can get this fix out to you soon. 

Gabriel 

Xfinity Connect Product Team 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for identyfing known issue. Hope it will be fixed soon!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes!  Thank you for letting us know what progress is being made.  It helps not to be in the dark.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for acknowledging (finally!) and working on this problem.   That said, what kind of compensation will you be offering to the customers who have been unable to get full use of their email?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for explaining that Comcast is working on rectifying this issue. Based upon reading the previous comments, I have switched my browser to Chrome from Edge the past few days and have not experienced the extremely annoying long running script mesaage when accessing my xfinity emails.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastGabriel 

@Comcast_CC_XC 

@ComcastMorgan 

This thread says "answered" however it is not solved. How much longer before the update that fixes this will be rolled out?

Comcast updated Xfinity Connect without testing for this "long running script" error?

Some of us have been dealing with this for several months now, and all we hear is that Comcast is working on it.

Who do I need to contact to be reimbursed for a product that hasn't worked 100% for several months?

Highlighted
New Poster

Having issues on Microsoft Edge Browser and e-mail- long running script message

every day, when I use the Edge browser for Xfinity email, it often locks up, and I get a message 

"Xfinity.com is not responding due to a long-running script"

that needs you to wait until it responds.

Anyone else have?? Comcast, are you working on this?

Does not happen with Chrome or other browsers.

Xfinity e-mail script message on MSEdge.JPG