pattyclark2's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 11:00 AM

Closed

email message

what does the message "credentials needed" mean

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for your quick reply. It was an unsolicited message that had been popping up for several days. When I tried to respond using the options they offered I couldn't get on because I forgot my password. I finally got on Xfinity another way and reset my password and everything got resolved. Apparently they have revamped the email system/computer and I think I had to change some port in my setup. I use Outlook. Anyway, the message has stopped and several weeks of email have been delivered to me after the setup change.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Is this happening with Comcast's webmail ("...connect.xfinity.com..."), or with an email program or app? When does it happen, loading emails, sending them, logging in, or ???. What is the complete error message (if it includes an email address, remove that part before posting)? If webmail, what browser are you using? What kind of device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone? Mac, Windows, Android, IOS?). What device model? what OS version?

The more details you can provide, the better.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here