kkdux's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 5th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

email compose box

I tried to send an email from my Comcast.net account.   When I click on Compose a floating box pops up but it never fully loads.  How can I fix it or go back to the non-floating compose box? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your quick response.  I cleared the browser and now the Compose box loads with no problem.  The interesting part is that it once again loads within the email program and not as an independent,  'floating',  box as it did yesterday.   I am much relieved it is back to normal!   Again, thank you very much for your help.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

@kkdux wrote:

Thanks for your quick response.  I cleared the browser and now the Compose box loads with no problem.  The interesting part is that it once again loads within the email program and not as an independent,  'floating',  box as it did yesterday.   I am much relieved it is back to normal!   Again, thank you very much for your help.

You're welcome.  When  a normal feature like that suddenly goes wonky, one of the first things to suspect is the browser since it can have strange effects if something is wrong in the cache/history.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

I'd like to add that the new Compose window is not sizeable and  the formating menu bar clips off items on the right side of the bar so that the Emoticons are unuseable since the full list can't be seen or selected. Also, since the new compose window can't be sized, moved or minimized it blocks the content of emails below it which the user might want to view when composing a new email.

Can these problems be fixed? I tried clearing the cookies and cache.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

I need to amend my previous post. The compose window can be minimized and sized down to a fixed size which doesn't allow full view of the underlying message content.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

5 years ago

There is a 'maximize' symbol in the upper-right of the compose window that makes it bigger (looks like two arrows at an angle.) The window itself is movable, at least using Firefox.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I agree with the previous sender.  Why did you make the compose box so small with no way to enlarge it.   I cannot see what my email will actually look like.  Please, please change it back to the way it was.  !!

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Best solution is to use a different email server.  This one stinks to high heaven!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I have same problem.  None of the suggestions really work.  The resize icon jumps right back to reduced size.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Clearing cache and restarting browser doesn't fix the problem.  Also I have tried the obvious enlarge icon and it causes the compose box to move reapearing the same unusable size.   I'VE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM FOR MONTHS.
THIS IS A PROBLEM, BUT XFINITY DOESN'T HAVE ANYBODY WORKING ON IT!!!

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@Wajah wrote:

Best solution is to use a different email server.  This one stinks to high heaven!!!!!

Better solution for you might be to use a desktop email client.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Again, I only use the desktop client. Can't stand little screens for long. I've had this problem for a long, painful time. I've used windows' browser and firefox. Both have this issue. I'm sorry my frustration ahows up in snarky posts.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having a similar problem with my xfinity email compose box, using Firefox.  About a week ago, when I go to "compose" or reply to an email, a reduced-size box appears.  It cannot be made to be its former size with the resizing diagonal arrows.  Using those just moves the smaller box to a different location on the screen.

Sending a copy of my newly-composed or newly-replied email to myself, it appears full screen so it's just the compose box itself.

Using the reply here, I cleared out all history on Firefox and then closed and rebooted xfinity email.  Same problem.  Then I closed my xfinity email and accessed it from my Edge browser.  Voila! everything back to normal.  Would still rather get back to using Firefox but using Edge solved the problem.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

The issue with the fixed compose box has been resolved by comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here